+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

no oath invite 7 months after DM

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife and I took the test on July 29 2015. I got the CIT0520 and after I sent in all documents after a month, my status changed to DM when I checked on Dec 2nd. My wife's status changed to DM a few days after the test and it's been 7 months. Does anyone else in the same situation?

I'm trying to get the ATIP online and the website asked for "any information that will help IRCC to process your request" and optional "submit up to five (5) additional documents to help support your Access to Information or Privacy request". What kind of information or documents should I provide since they can access my file with my Client ID?

Can anyone share their experiences? Thank you very much.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Kurtz said:
My wife and I took the test on July 29 2015. I got the CIT0520 and after I sent in all documents after a month, my status changed to DM when I checked on Dec 2nd. My wife's status changed to DM a few days after the test and it's been 7 months. Does anyone else in the same situation?

I'm trying to get the ATIP online and the website asked for "any information that will help IRCC to process your request" and optional "submit up to five (5) additional documents to help support your Access to Information or Privacy request". What kind of information or documents should I provide since they can access my file with my Client ID?

Can anyone share their experiences? Thank you very much.
Have you asked the Call Center Agents ?. Its noticed in most of the cases, once the status changed to DM, its taking maximum 2 months to get the Oath. I suspect, the CIC is waiting for renewal of your security clearance from other agencies.

As rightly suggested by other reader, for ATIP report just ignore uploading the documents option and send it. Its taking about 31 days to process that. Probably a nudge by MP's office to CIC and request for update that take 2 weeks would give you an idea what's happening.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Have you asked the Call Center Agents ?. Its noticed in most of the cases, once the status changed to DM, its taking maximum 2 months to get the Oath. I suspect, the CIC is waiting for renewal of your security clearance from other agencies.

As rightly suggested by other reader, for ATIP report just ignore uploading the documents option and send it. Its taking about 31 days to process that. Probably they need a nudge from your MP's office, request your MP to get an update from CIC, they get it in 2 weeks.
Order you ATIP report online and upload a copy of your PR card and another valid id and you should get your report within 30 days, it may show any update, the other option is to contact your MP office

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The call center agents were no help. I was told to wait till March 31 to see if there's any updates or keep waiting since my application was non routine because of the CIT0520.

I'll contact my MP and request for the ATIP. Hopefully to see some updates. For contacting MP, should I just google MP in my area and sent him am email explaining my situation?

Thank you all for your replies.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Kurtz said:
The call center agents were no help. I was told to wait till March 31 to see if there's any updates or keep waiting since my application was non routine because of the CIT0520.

I'll contact my MP and request for the ATIP. Hopefully to see some updates. For contacting MP, should I just google MP in my area and sent him am email explaining my situation?

Thank you all for your replies.
Hi Kurtz,
It is simple just go the parliament of Canada website and then you will see on the main page where it says "Find a Member of Parliament", put under it your postal code then it will show you up the details of your MP, phone them give then your client ID and ask them about the status of your app or book an appointment with the office

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toshib said:
Hi Kurtz,
It is simple just go the parliament of Canada website and then you will see on the main page where it says "Find a Member of Parliament", put under it your postal code then it will show you up the details of your MP, phone them give then your client ID and ask them about the status of your app or book an appointment with the office
Hi toshlb,

I just sent an email to my MP, Hopefully he'll be able to help.

Thank you for the fast reply :D

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I contacted the MP's office through email and they replied me within a day. I asked how long does it take to get a response from CIC and I was told that "While time frames vary, reviews of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship cases unfortunately do take some time (often beyond the regular processing times).
We will continue to monitor your file and get back to you as soon as we have any news. Should you not hear anything within the regular processing time, please contact us so we can escalate the matter."

What's the regular processing times? How long does it usually takes MP's office to get a response from CIC?

Thanks

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Kurtz said:
I contacted the MP's office through email and they replied me within a day. I asked how long does it take to get a response from CIC and I was told that "While time frames vary, reviews of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship cases unfortunately do take some time (often beyond the regular processing times).
We will continue to monitor your file and get back to you as soon as we have any news. Should you not hear anything within the regular processing time, please contact us so we can escalate the matter."

What's the regular processing times? How long does it usually takes MP's office to get a response from CIC?

Thanks
Follow them after 15 days! They should get some standard reply which would be communicated to you from the MP Office.

victoria2016

Feb 29, 2016
Kurtz,

Do you think there might be a slight possibility that your Oath
invitation is lost on the way?

You can try to fax your local office to seek for
further information.

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, Exports

Hi Victoria2016,

CIC call center agents told me to keep waiting till March 31. I'm guessing if CIC have sent my or my wife's oath invite, call center agent is able to see it under our file. I requested ATIP yesterday, I'll have to wait and see if ATIP or MP's office can give me any clues.

Mozhgan

Nov 28, 2012
Hello Kurtz,

I am in the same boat! I passed my test mid-July and got DM in my eCase within a week and I am still waiting for the oath letter.
I have requested ATIP 3 times and all were the same; everything is OK. I also contacted my MP and got the same response as yours: "I have to wait".
After 6 months waiting, CIC call center finally looked at my file and sent a notice to the citizenship office. They told me, citizenship office has 3 months before they can send another notice; which means useless and not helpful!

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
The reason for delay maybe updating background checks as updating background checks takes some time so your background check may have been expired

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toshib said:
The reason for delay maybe updating background checks as updating background checks takes some time so your background check may have been expired
If you look at the ATIP carefully, you'll see when CIC requested all clearances and when it got updated (meaning when they received it back). for Foss clearance it takes only a week, for RCMP - four weeks.
Now let's stop believing in what CIC call centre says about clearances and b/g checks, it's minuscule time comparing to the 7-8-9 months of waiting time. It's not the reason, the reason is the lazy ass bureaucrats who don't do anything.