+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No news yet?!

ludnan

Jul 30, 2008
Hi all,

Our applications were sent to Mississauga a month ago. We haven't received any confirmation that they were received or are being processed (and can't get on to ECAS or whatever it's called). Should we be worried that they haven't acknowledged receipt? What can we do if we need to get in touch with them?

Thanks,
Alison

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
No need to worry if it's only been a month. You will get a AOR and E-cas update any day now. There is no easy way to get in contact with Mississauga, especially if the processing still is within the processing time line. As a ref, our sponsorship application took 30 days to process + some time in the mail. I think 40 days from the day I mailed it to the day I got the AOR (and I did it at a time when processing times were short - they are a little longer now).

Oct 27, 2008
I sent mine in August, and the decision just got made and is in the mail, so don't worry. BUT I did know that they got it because I called the immigration hotline 1 888 242-2100.. ALOT just go into the right section with the voice promts then hit 0 for operator and ask them if they got it.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
CPC Mississauga can take up to 45 days to assess a sponsor, and then you have to allow another week or so for receipt of the decision letter. You will not receive confirmation of receipt of the application prior to receiving the decision letter. If it's a positive decision, CPC-M will then transfer the application to the overseas visa office. You will get a letter from them acknowledging receipt (AOR) and notifying you of your new file number. How much longer it takes from that point depends on the processing timeline for your particular overseas office.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
The page to watch is

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship

They have only gotten to processing applications received by them on or before Sept 24th, 2008. If your package got there after that it is still waiting to be looked at. And then the processing time of 45 days will give you when you might expect a reply...just take the date they would have received your package and add that many days.

Of course they say it is just estimated processing times...it can be longer or shorter depending on how much they have to check your paperwork of course.

shaaz

Nov 1, 2008
hi..it shudnt be long now but it always helps to call and enquire..esp with the festive season approaching