+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NO NEWS - LONG WAITING

guia espiritu

Jun 2, 2006
I come from the Philippines. My husband & I have filed under Skilled Workers category of which my husband is the primary applicant. We had filed our application in March 2003 & we have received our file number. We were informed that we will receive a reply from the Canadian Embassy here in Manila after 18 months. However, it's been over 3 years and we have not heard from them yet. When we checked with our consultant in 2005, he informed us that there was a delay in the processing of the applications to Canada and the applications received in May 2002 will only be processed by second quarter of 2006. I was informed then that the processing takes anywhere from 42 to 48 months. However, I was recently informed that the processing of application now takes 60 months.

At this point I would like to inquire if there are other options in which my application can be fast tracked? Is it possible to switch from a Skilled Worker application to a Provincial Nominee Program application? If so what requirements would we need to complete for such a change? If I am able to find an employer who will be willing to sponsor me, would this help in fast tracking my application to Canada?

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

guia espiritu said:
I come from the Philippines. My husband & I have filed under Skilled Workers category of which my husband is the primary applicant. We had filed our application in March 2003 & we have received our file number. We were informed that we will receive a reply from the Canadian Embassy here in Manila after 18 months. However, it's been over 3 years and we have not heard from them yet. When we checked with our consultant in 2005, he informed us that there was a delay in the processing of the applications to Canada and the applications received in May 2002 will only be processed by second quarter of 2006. I was informed then that the processing takes anywhere from 42 to 48 months. However, I was recently informed that the processing of application now takes 60 months.

At this point I would like to inquire if there are other options in which my application can be fast tracked? Is it possible to switch from a Skilled Worker application to a Provincial Nominee Program application? If so what requirements would we need to complete for such a change? If I am able to find an employer who will be willing to sponsor me, would this help in fast tracking my application to Canada?

Thank you.
1, Send a status request to Manila, if when you received your AOR it stated 18 months, the present processing time is 51-60 months.
2. To apply under PNP, you have to withdraw your skilled worker application, and reapply from scratch for a PNP. It will just increase your time line at this stage.
3. Your only way, is to get a job offer in Canada with a postivie LMO from HRSDC and apply for a work permit, while your application is being processed.

PMM

lvmuyot

Jun 10, 2006
Hi PMM,

I have the same concern & same application category as Guia's. I received my AOR dtd. 05Sept2002 but haven't got any feedback yet since the new IRPA requirements. I noted your reply to Guia's post which read:

Your only way, is to get a job offer in Canada with a postivie LMO from HRSDC and apply for a work permit, while your application is being processed.

I have submitted a status request personally at the Canadian Embassy in Manila and received no reply to date yet. As applications' processing is very unpredictable i.e., may take more than 60 months for the Canadian Embassy in Manila, may I please ask the following questions:

1. How to I get a positive LMO from HRSDC?
2. I have no contacts in Canada who may help me land a job and as success via internet applications is very marginal where may I seek help? Does your office provide this assistance?
3. I have learned that if my visa application would be approved and am accepted in Canada, I still have to take-up courses from Canadian universities/schools to be able to get a Canada working experience. As Canada recently approved foreign students to be issued work permits and if I decide to take this route now while my application is in process:
a. Will Canada allow me to take my children below 18y and my spouse with me?
b. Will Canada accept my children in schools?
c. Will they be entitled to monthly allowance as Canada citizens and permanent residents?
d. Is there an agency which might help me find a school according to the course I would like to pursue per my budget?

Please advise.

Many thanks.

Regards,
lvmuyot

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

lvmuyot said:
Hi PMM,

I have the same concern & same application category as Guia's. I received my AOR dtd. 05Sept2002 but haven't got any feedback yet since the new IRPA requirements. I noted your reply to Guia's post which read:

Your only way, is to get a job offer in Canada with a postivie LMO from HRSDC and apply for a work permit, while your application is being processed.

I have submitted a status request personally at the Canadian Embassy in Manila and received no reply to date yet. As applications' processing is very unpredictable i.e., may take more than 60 months for the Canadian Embassy in Manila, may I please ask the following questions:

1. How to I get a positive LMO from HRSDC?

You have to find a job in Canada where the employer is willing to apply for positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from HRSDC. The employer has to demonstrate that s/he has advertised across Canada and is unable to find a Canadian or PR able to do the job. The job must meet local standards as to working conditions and wages, and the prospective employee must have the skills for the position.

2. I have no contacts in Canada who may help me land a job and as success via internet applications is very marginal where may I seek help? Does your office provide this assistance?

Sorry, I am not in that business.

3. I have learned that if my visa application would be approved and am accepted in Canada, I still have to take-up courses from Canadian universities/schools to be able to get a Canada working experience. As Canada recently approved foreign students to be issued work permits and if I decide to take this route now while my application is in process:

Yes, but you will have to be able to prove that you have sufficient funds to support them in Canada, as you will not be able to work for the first 6 months, and then only a maximum of 20 hrs per week during school year and full time during summer breaks. It also has to be at a degree granting institution.

Yes, but depending on the school district in the city where you go, you may have to pay foreign student rates.

c. Will they be entitled to monthly allowance as Canada citizens and permanent residents?

Not as visitors/students.

d. Is there an agency which might help me find a school according to the course I would like to pursue per my budget?

That you would have to search for, probably better to search on your own for a school that teaches the necessary skills for you to qualify in your profession. see: http://www.cicic.ca/en/prof.aspx?sortcode=2.19.21 input profession and check the requirement for each province to see where you have to upgrade.

Please advise.

Many thanks.

Regards,
lvmuyot
PMM

Yhum

Jan 26, 2005
Hello,

It would really take a while. I got mine last May 2005 and i filed it year 2000 from the Philippines. Been here in BC for a year and it's all worth the wait. So don't get impatient it wouldnt go you anywhere.

Better make the most out there in PI because when your already here everything would change and your definitely miss all the things and i mean ALL bagoong included. =)

Yhum

Jan 26, 2005
lvmuyot said:
Hi PMM,

1. How to I get a positive LMO from HRSDC? --- I don't think you can easily get one of this. Because most of the companies doesn't want to go through the hassle of doing paper works. Besides it would also take a lot of time waiting for this because you still need to file some papers in Canadian embassy Manila.

2. I have no contacts in Canada who may help me land a job and as success via internet applications is very marginal where may I seek help? Does your office provide this assistance? Better wait for your applications, unless you want to be a caregiver then probably you can get an employer and work with them for 2years before you file a PR status. Im not sure with all the details about it though

3. I have learned that if my visa application would be approved and am accepted in Canada, I still have to take-up courses from Canadian universities/schools to be able to get a Canada working experience. As Canada recently approved foreign students to be issued work permits and if I decide to take this route now while my application is in process: You can try and read some details about international students but still this one concerns a lot of dough and your family is not included

If it's as international student i dont think you can, but if your applying as PR well thats for sure.

Of course if you granted the permanent residency status, or even if you apply them as international student but you have to read more info regarding this.

Monthly allowance depends on your family income in canada, there's an amount range for this.

No idea on this, but if you like to study in BC you can check UBC or SFU website they might have some information there for international student.

Please advise.

Many thanks.

Regards,
lvmuyot

Anyways all in all you have to be patient. If it's yours it's yours, even if you do everything if it's something thats not meant to be then its also for your own good. Just have faith.