+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No more LMIAs??

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Feeling exceptionally despondent today, have been calling hundred more trucking companies, and there are just no lmias, some have apps in and they just have no updates?? , and come on, it's been nearly 5 months since the moratorium!??

Is this the end of lmias? :-(

What do you think? :-(

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
I wouldnt say its the end of LMIAs, but blame the changes without having clarity. Everyone expected more fees and tough rules, the process would be quick and easy. Looks like its a hell of disastrous change. It is so surprising to see these many people in similar situation. I seriously wish someone shows these forums and thread to the GOVT

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
I think it's mainly down to employers not wanting to wait 3 months for an answer and paying the $1k fee aswell as the money it costs to now list jobs on job bank indeed etc.

Which, of course was there aim. To reduce temporary foreign workers, employers will look to the easier option now and raise the wage and hire Canadians....

But there are more jobs than people so it won't fix the problem entirely but I'm sure the govt are happy with themselves

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Wise words, and true there is no clarity on it all. This will surely make them hire Canadians v true.

One of my employers have a lawyer working on the app, I wonder if this will increase positive outcome?

If ever any outcome!!

Thank you

Patel88888

Nov 4, 2014
Inadmissble in canada

Hello guys give me some idea anyone have. I am stucked in weird situation. I was an international studen and i got three year post graduation work permit and now its going to expire in march and i got misrepresentation in my PR application so i cannot apply for PR in following two year. I have B category full time permanent job but my employer are not ready for any LMIA procedure so can you give me idea please how can i extend my work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Inadmissble in canada

Patel88888 said:
Hello guys give me some idea anyone have. I am stucked in weird situation. I was an international studen and i got three year post graduation work permit and now its going to expire in march and i got misrepresentation in my PR application so i cannot apply for PR in following two year. I have B category full time permanent job but my employer are not ready for any LMIA procedure so can you give me idea please how can i extend my work permit.
There is no way for you to extend your work permit.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Re: Inadmissble in canada

Patel88888 said:
How do they know that you misrepresentation in your PR? Can you just explain your situation to them to revert the decision?

Patel88888

Nov 4, 2014
The question was that have you ever been refused in canada instead of yes by mistakely i tick mark on NO. They considered me as misrepresentation i submitted all letters from cic about rejection but they said officer is not satisfied and i become inadmissible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Patel88888 said:
The question was that have you ever been refused in canada instead of yes by mistakely i tick mark on NO. They considered me as misrepresentation i submitted all letters from cic about rejection but they said officer is not satisfied and i become inadmissible.
You won't be able to apply for a work permit until your 2 year ban is over. So there is no point looking for an employer who can get an LMIA. Even if you get an LMIA, your work permit will still be refused due to the 2 year ban. You need to leave Canada in March. There is no way to extend your status due to the ban.