+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Live Trace on my Police Clearance Certificate from UK

Sealey

Dec 13, 2010
Hi

I hope someone can help me.

I am 44 years old and have been in Canada on a work permit for the past 2 years, I recently decided I would like to apply for PR for me my wife and children, my Lawyer gave me a list of Forms to fill in and a list of supporting documents required.

I am now ready to submit my application, however, my Police Certificate has "No Live Trace" which means I have a criminal conviction in the past. When I was 12 years old (32 years ago) I got convicted for a crime (stealing a door handle from a building site) which is the reason it says "No Live Trace" instead of the required "No Trace"

Can anyone advise me what to do about this.

Kind regards

Reactions: Bobby_786

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Sometime ago there was a forum member who had a conviction as a student some 20 year ago. Like you, his report came back no live trace, he disclosed the conviction in his application and provided supporting written evidence of what happened, how it happened and how long ago it happened. He is in Canada now, I will search his user name and put the link if I can find it.

32 years is a long time and you have kept a clean record in your adult live, I honestly (IMO) do not hink this will stand against you BUT do disclose it with a well detailed written evidence and a strong positive spin on the last 32 years.

Peace!!

Sealey

Dec 13, 2010
Hi ANigerian,

Thank you for the advice, I hope you are able to find the old post and forward.

Take Care

Sealey

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
Sealey, no live trace means there is no criminal record on your account at this point in time. I live in the UK and i got the same remark on my PCC. Did you bother to check the interpretation of each term on the PCC? The PCC explains the meaning of each item on it. There is nothing to worry as No live trace is a good thing. 32years is a long time and nothing will be on your records from then now. Relax and go ahead with your application.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sealey

Here is the thread!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/criminal-recordhistory-t21884.0.html;msg112795#msg112795

Peace

paulcanada74

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fernendez is right...No Live Trace means no criminal records against you...plz go through ur PCC briefly as fernendez suggest and if needed go through ACRO web site...i got twice from ACRO for myself and my wife and every time it's written No Live Trace...

Sealey

Dec 13, 2010
Hey Guys,

Thank you all so much for reassuring me that I have nothing to worry about and the best course of action is to apply with the Police clearance certificate even though it has the heading "No Live Trace" I will try and get the court abstracts to accompany the certificate.

Kind regards,

Sealey

Reactions: Bobby_786

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No live trace means there was an in fraction with the law sometime in the past however it has become dormant - downgraded.

You don't have to worry about it however you MUST reveal the issues of the conviction when filling background information. To avoid the issue will be termed misrepresentation.

Peace

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi

I hope someone can help me.

I am 44 years old and have been in Canada on a work permit for the past 2 years, I recently decided I would like to apply for PR for me my wife and children, my Lawyer gave me a list of Forms to fill in and a list of supporting documents required.

I am now ready to submit my application, however, my Police Certificate has "No Live Trace" which means I have a criminal conviction in the past. When I was 12 years old (32 years ago) I got convicted for a crime (stealing a door handle from a building site) which is the reason it says "No Live Trace" instead of the required "No Trace"

Can anyone advise me what to do about this.

Kind regards
Hi
I have same thing on my PC no live Trace.
So now what happened when you send to CIC
Did you get PR ?