+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fool

Full Member
May 23, 2021
22
0
Hi, I arrived in Canada as a student then on work permit. I was immediately in common law with a Canadian who had criminal record. We have a child together who is also a Canadian citizen.
Child’s dad and I separated for a while for domestic violence. He spent over 3 years in jail for my charges and his ex wife’s charges.
While we were separated , I applied for PR under humanitarian assistance.
It’s been over two years and no update kn that file.
My work permit expired in the mean time and I have no legal status.
My child’s father was worried that I’ll have to leave the country, so he insisted we marry to provide best for our child.
It’s been two years since I applied for humanitarian pr. Shall I wait for the decision or withdraw and file pr under spousal?
 
Hi, I arrived in Canada as a student then on work permit. I was immediately in common law with a Canadian who had criminal record. We have a child together who is also a Canadian citizen.
Child’s dad and I separated for a while for domestic violence. He spent over 3 years in jail for my charges and his ex wife’s charges.
While we were separated , I applied for PR under humanitarian assistance.
It’s been over two years and no update kn that file.
My work permit expired in the mean time and I have no legal status.
My child’s father was worried that I’ll have to leave the country, so he insisted we marry to provide best for our child.
It’s been two years since I applied for humanitarian pr. Shall I wait for the decision or withdraw and file pr under spousal?
Your ex, partner,spouse may not be eligible to sponsor you (or anyone else) due to his conviction(s) for domestic violence. You'll want to check with a good immigration lawyer before you cancel any current applications.
 
  • Like
Reactions: armoured