+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NO IRCC UPDATE ON SEPTEMBER 2020 APPLICATION

BaiLao

Mar 9, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am currently enrolled in a college in Hamilton, Ontario where I already paid one semester's tuition fee for a 2-year Global Business Management program.

I applied for a student visa on September of 2020 at VAC Manila, Philippines, thru a local immigration consultancy firm.
Included in my application was my wife (OWP) and my 2 kids, aged 13 and 16. My wife and kids got their refusal letter in October, in the ground that the visa officer was not convinced that thay will return to our home country after my schooling. I have not re-filed their application as I was advised by my consultant to wait until I get my final decision from IRCC.

I have been working as a warehouse supervisor for 22 years now. I am currently working for an international company providing supply chain management services to the global aerospace and defense industries. I have stated in my letter of intent that I am pursuing further studies to advance my career in my home country.

I have already submitted to IRCC an updated Letter of Acceptance from the school.

I have read in other threads here that applicants from November 2020 onwards have their passport requests already.

I will appreciate your opinions on the chance of me getting a visa approval?

TIA

lj12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am currently enrolled in a college in Hamilton, Ontario where I already paid one semester's tuition fee for a 2-year Global Business Management program.

I applied for a student visa on September of 2020 at VAC Manila, Philippines, thru a local immigration consultancy firm.
Included in my application was my wife (OWP) and my 2 kids, aged 13 and 16. My wife and kids got their refusal letter in October, in the ground that the visa officer was not convinced that thay will return to our home country after my schooling. I have not re-filed their application as I was advised by my consultant to wait until I get my final decision from IRCC.

I have been working as a warehouse supervisor for 22 years now. I am currently working for an international company providing supply chain management services to the global aerospace and defense industries. I have stated in my letter of intent that I am pursuing further studies to advance my career in my home country.

I have already submitted to IRCC an updated Letter of Acceptance from the school.

I have read in other threads here that applicants from November 2020 onwards have their passport requests already.

I will appreciate your opinions on the chance of me getting a visa approval?

TIA
What's the current status of your application?

BaiLao

Mar 9, 2021
I only applied GCMS for my wife and kids when they were refused months back.
Will request for mine now.
Btw, I am confused with one entry on my wife's gcms/caips notes which reads:

"Accompanying a spouse who applied for a study permit but was refused. Therefore,PA does not meet eligibility requirement as a C-42 to accompany a study permit holder attending full-time study at a public DLI."

I interpreted this statement as a refusal of my application, but my consultant says otherwise and showed me a screenshot of my file status still IN PROCESS. (I do not have direct access to my account as it is my consultancy firm's policy that they have sole access for accountability reasons)

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
It's clearly says your application has been refused. Your consultant is misleading you. The status on your GCKEY might not be up to date, but the GCMS notes is the source of truth.

Reactions: BaiLao

BaiLao

Mar 9, 2021
It's clearly says your application has been refused. Your consultant is misleading you. The status on your GCKEY might not be up to date, but the GCMS notes is the source of truth.
Sad truth, but thanks.
What can I do to have my GCKEY updated? All my consultant's follow-up seem to go to the trash.

-Hope-

Dec 2, 2020
Sorry to hear this and makes me a bit nervous too. My application, submitted in November 2020, is still in progress.

You might want to follow up by sending an inquiry via the webform or email VAC Manila directly so they can update your GCKey (if it is still in progress). Once the status is updated, you can proceed to the next steps.

BaiLao

Mar 9, 2021
Sorry to hear this and makes me a bit nervous too. My application, submitted in November 2020, is still in progress.

You might want to follow up by sending an inquiry via the webform or email VAC Manila directly so they can update your GCKey (if it is still in progress). Once the status is updated, you can proceed to the next steps.
Thanks.

My consultant sent 2 follow ups thru webform and email in December and early February. Still no update in my GCKEY.
Is it possible for my consultant to call IRCC to request for a formal notice of my refusal, and updating of my GCKEY?

-Hope-

Dec 2, 2020
Thanks.

My consultant sent 2 follow ups thru webform and email in December and early February. Still no update in my GCKEY.
Is it possible for my consultant to call IRCC to request for a formal notice of my refusal, and updating of my GCKEY?
Webform and emails is close to useless. Been emailing them since Feb too and have given up sending follow up emails. Wish they'd just refuse my application so I can start the refund process. Sucks that they have my money for so long without interest.

Calls might work. Let me know how it goes.

DKShu

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
My timeline:
Upfront Medical: 17th August
Applied 24th August
Biometric 28th August
18 November: Medical Passed
18 November: Eligibility Review Started
14 December: Background Check Started
19 January: AIP

No Updates after that.

notsolucky

Mar 19, 2021
My timeline:
Upfront Medical: 17th August
Applied 24th August
Biometric 28th August
18 November: Medical Passed
18 November: Eligibility Review Started
14 December: Background Check Started
19 January: AIP

No Updates after that.
AIP on 25th Jan
Applied on 3rd December
No updates after that. Many applicants who applied in the month of January have also started getting results