+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No invitation for oath 8 months after exam

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
Hello friends,

My wife and I passed the citizenship exam on May 22nd 2015 and we're still haven't received the invitation for oath. We called CIC 6 months after the exam (as per their rules) and they said everything was OK with our applications and they would send a reminder to our local office (Scarborough). It has been almost 3 months after that and nothing. Obviously we've tried everything in the book (called CIC, ATIP report, wrote to MP and even wrote to the CIC Minister). I cannot help feeling abused by this people!

I remember there were a number of people that passed the exam between March and July 2015 and were complaining about not receiving their invitation for oath. I'm wondering if they are on the same situation or there has been a positive change. Either way, please be so kind to share your experience to see if there's something else we could do.

Thanks

Reactions: ghodubaba

amouch

Jul 3, 2015
I am sorry to hear that!
in my case it did take only few days to get my Oath invitation.
I passed my exam on Feb 3th and the 4 th they sent me the invitation for the Oath in Scarborough on the 19th.
so it is 15 days gap between the test and the Oath.
You should just wait and see !

Good luck

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Were you asked for additional documents? Did any of you get DM? We passed our tests in Aug 31. My wife got DM within a couple of days, I was asked to submit additional docs. Still waiting for my DM.

regg4791 said:
Hello friends,

My wife and I passed the citizenship exam on May 22nd 2015 and we're still haven't received the invitation for oath. We called CIC 6 months after the exam (as per their rules) and they said everything was OK with our applications and they would send a reminder to our local office (Scarborough). It has been almost 3 months after that and nothing. Obviously we've tried everything in the book (called CIC, ATIP report, wrote to MP and even wrote to the CIC Minister). I cannot help feeling abused by this people!

I remember there were a number of people that passed the exam between March and July 2015 and were complaining about not receiving their invitation for oath. I'm wondering if they are on the same situation or there has been a positive change. Either way, please be so kind to share your experience to see if there's something else we could do.

Thanks

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
Thanks amouch. I greatly appreciate your sympathy. Faithfully waiting is what we (2 kids, wife and I) have been doing for more than an year now (applied on Dec 2014). The only thing holding our frustration/anger is the thought that God is allowing this to happen for a reason. Let's see.

On the other hand, I would like to share a piece of information that might come handy for other people in a similar situation.

I once read in another thread that if one is part of a "group" application (family), if there's an issue with the application of one member of the family, the entire group is affected. After knowing that, I decided to request an ATIP report for my wife, as mine showed all assessments were completed. The report came in a month after that and, as I suspected, it showed most assessments for my wife are still pending, including the knowledge (a.k.a. Exam) which is ridiculous as we both passed the exam together and the interviewing officer told us everything was OK and we should expect the invitation for oath within the following 4 weeks. Interestingly, my wife's ATIP report shows the last update on the assessments section was on May 5, 2015. The obvious step after that was to call CIC again to inform the situation and, as usual, they said a notification was already submitted to the Scarborough office (after the 6th month) and they cannot do anything else. Now the newest date they want us to wait for is March 31st.

We're extremely disappointed in this process and the CIC. I'm sincerely glad to know other people's cases are being processed promptly but, at the same time, it's very discouraging. I hope you understand.

Thanks

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
andrew7007 said:
Were you asked for additional documents? Did any of you get DM? We passed our tests in Aug 31. My wife got DM within a couple of days, I was asked to submit additional docs. Still waiting for my DM.

Hello andrew7007,

No new documents nor additional steps have been required to us. The last time a CIC officer opened our file was on Dec 23, 2015 and he said we should have been invited a long time ago.

sfaisalm

Oct 25, 2012
Same thing is with me, given exam in august 2015, never any additional documents where requested. Every thing is fine, immigration officer after the exam told us that we will get the letter "within 3months". Still waiting no reply...........

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
regg4791 said:
Hello friends,

Thanks

My wife and 3 kids got oath ceremony just after 23days of giving her citizenship test..... my sis in law got it within a months time ...... for me its been almost more than 2 months or to be precise 2mths & 19days and am still waiting, and when i contacted CIC they have advised me to wait as the processing time is not over.
And as earlier said by regg4791 that the only thing holding my frustration/anger is the thought that God is allowing this to happen for a reason. Let's see.

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
I had my test Sept 9 in ottawa,,nothing yet...husband got finger print request,,submitted,...just waiting with 2 kids...

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I already wrote on this forum quite a few times, I'm in the same bureaucratic kerfuffle.
Passed the test in June. Whatever nerves I had in my relatively young age, are non-existent now.
Also I'm an avid atheist, so have no one to blame but CIC's idiocracy.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What does your ATIP say? Mine is stuck on residency. I have 1418 days as against 1095 which is required. All other aspects shows passed. However there is a due date of March 21, 2016 on mine for residency. Hope that is a positive one.
ambient2 said:
As I already wrote on this forum quite a few times, I'm in the same bureaucratic kerfuffle.
Passed the test in June. Whatever nerves I had in my relatively young age, are non-existent now.
Also I'm an avid atheist, so have no one to blame but CIC's idiocracy.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Did they ask to get your CBSA records? I have seen cases go 14 months after the test before an oath with only a request for CBSA records. Clearances expired and had to be rerun multiple times.

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
links18 said:
Did they ask to get your CBSA records? I have seen cases go 14 months after the test before an oath with only a request for CBSA records. Clearances expired and had to be rerun multiple times.

No. They haven't asked for new documents or requirements so far. We've always been told that everything is OK with our case. Nevertheless, based on my wife's ATIP report, I believe the reason holding our case is the fact that the last update on her file was on May 5, 2015 (the same day they sent the invitation to take the exam). It's as if nobody has opened her file since.

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
andrew7007 said:
What does your ATIP say? Mine is stuck on residency. I have 1418 days as against 1095 which is required. All other aspects shows passed. However there is a due date of March 21, 2016 on mine for residency. Hope that is a positive one.
Hello andrew7007,

My wife's ATIP report shows that only the RCMP assessment has been completed. The rest (knowledge, language, residence, etc.) are still pending.

As for the physical presence... By the time we applied (Nov 24, 2014) I had 1137 days and my wife had 1125 days since we landed on 2011 this should not be the issue.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do the pending issues of your wife's ATIP have a due date by which they should be completed?
regg4791 said:
Hello andrew7007,

My wife's ATIP report shows that only the RCMP assessment has been completed. The rest (knowledge, language, residence, etc.) are still pending.

As for the physical presence... By the time we applied (Nov 24, 2014) I had 1137 days and my wife had 1125 days since we landed on 2011 this should not be the issue.

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew7007 said:
Do the pending issues of your wife's ATIP have a due date by which they should be completed?
I'm in the exact same situation. Mine have a due date of Feb 5th 2016. Still no decision made yet...