+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No interview (pls help)

Amaya@1

Jul 22, 2018
Hi.
Did my test on Feb.12th and i got 18 out of 20 ..after test they infotmed me about my marks and asked me to leave and wait for the OATH..there was no interview after the test.Is this normal now these days in Edmonton? On ECAS still showing In Process..pls guide

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi.
Did my test on Feb.12th and i got 18 out of 20 ..after test they infotmed me about my marks and asked me to leave and wait for the OATH..there was no interview after the test.Is this normal now these days in Edmonton? On ECAS still showing In Process..pls guide
The part where they tell you test results and likely asked for some proof of ID - that IS the interview. Some people have their docs and passports and stamps checked, some do not.

If they said wait for oath, you are all good.
Does it now say decision made on ECAS?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi.
If this is similar to some very isolated reports from others, it is likely you will be notified later of a date for the interview. PROBABLY NOTHING to worry about. Just a small wrinkle in the process.

In particular: Reports about this are so few we cannot begin to guess why this happens. Context previously reported in this forum, including in particular that a group of applicants were involved (that is, not individuals as such, but a whole group who took the test at the same time), however, suggests it is probably a logistical matter in the local office and NOT anything specific to the individual. That is, it appears likely that this is NOT about you or your application in particular, but rather something in the local office requiring them to schedule the interview sometime after the test.

That said, we really do not know much about this. It is unusual. One could easily speculate about a wide range of possibilities. But that is NOT likely to illuminate much if anything the applicants involved need to know or otherwise do not already know.

Bottom-line: qualified applicants who followed the instructions, and properly and honestly provided all the information requested, generally HAVE NO REASON TO WORRY, and they can be confident ALL is WELL, no problem. So there is a hiccup in the local office. Stuff happens. No reason to worry. Just have to wait a bit longer to get through the process.

The part where they tell you test results and likely asked for some proof of ID - that IS the interview. Some people have their docs and passports and stamps checked, some do not.

Actually there have been similar but isolated reports from other forum participants, including one who later received a separate notice for a scheduled interview some months after the test event. No explanation given for why the interview was not conducted at the test event.

When one forum participant made it clear there was a whole group of applicants affected, and that he had been sent notice to attend an interview some months after the test event, my guess was that there was something that interfered with that office following through with interviews that day.

That one individual earlier reported being advised he passed the test soon after completing it, and was sent away without being interviewed. I initially thought that he had indeed been "interviewed" but that the interview was so brief and informal he did not realize that was the interview. When he later returned to the forum to report getting notice to attend an interview some months later, he then clarified that actually he was in a group of applicants who had completed the test, who assumed they were waiting their turn to be interviewed, but then they were informed as a group they passed the test, that they would be contacted later, and to leave. Again, then he later reported, here (cannot recall the specific topic), when he received notice for his interview.

Too unusual to venture guessing what this is really about. As I noted, it appears likely to be a local office logistical thing.

As I noted above, one could speculate about some potential alternatives. But if there is some issue lurking, the odds are high the individuals affected know why there may be an issue, at least if they objectively think about their case. And otherwise there is no need to alarm or invite qualified applicants to unnecessarily worry about what is very unlikely.

Amaya@1

Jul 22, 2018

Still showing In Process ...on ECAS

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Actually there have been similar but isolated reports from other forum participants, including one who later received a separate notice for a scheduled interview some months after the test event. No explanation given for why the interview was not conducted at the test event.
Well I personally have a friend whom after test was told we're short an agent so some of you are going to have to come back, but then it was clear they were NOT having an interview and they weren't even given test scores. I've seen at least one report on here too where someone was asked back to an interview but, from what I can recall this was an extra interview for ... some reason.

This really was the key for me asking if they said (at the time) all good, and also about DM. As a reference my personal interview was basically score and my ID, no document checks despite what some would consider substantial travel.

Still showing In Process ...on ECAS
Now given you are still In Process I would say you would be wanting to call IRCC given you were told all okay which under normal circumstances means you'd go DM within a few days, not still IP for two weeks. They may be able to shed some light on your specific case as we are really just guessing here without knowledge of what actually occurred at that office and your specific case. Best of luck.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
We completed the test but no interview that day, they only checked the PR card and none of the other documents. Our file stayed as "In-Process" for 2 months, it changed to DM and then a week later we got the oath invite. Some people get DM the same day or shortly after, some get DM weeks later so it is variable. Your situation sounds like ours and we had no issues at all.

Reactions: Amaya@1