+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No information on passport sent to ottawa office for stamping

Divshashidhar

Mar 10, 2021
We are in BC on a work permit and my husbands visitor visa application which was done in 2021 got approved so we sent my husbands passport for visitor visa stamping to Ottawa office from Vancouver on 13th December. We received a confirmation the Ottawa visa office received the passport on the 14th December but we have not heard back from them. It's been almost a month now and we have not received back the stamped passport. Been trying to reach ircc on the call center number since past week but it does not get connected. Is there any way to contact ircc to check the status and reason of delay. The courier company said ircc has not sent the passport as thr return label has not been activated by ircc yet. Tried visiting the local ircc branch but they denied giving information stating they only cater to canadian citizens and PR. And we are on work permit in Canada. Pls help
Thanks to all who respond.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

We are in BC on a work permit and my husbands visitor visa application which was done in 2021 got approved so we sent my husbands passport for visitor visa stamping to Ottawa office from Vancouver on 13th December. We received a confirmation the Ottawa visa office received the passport on the 14th December but we have not heard back from them. It's been almost a month now and we have not received back the stamped passport. Been trying to reach ircc on the call center number since past week but it does not get connected. Is there any way to contact ircc to check the status and reason of delay. The courier company said ircc has not sent the passport as thr return label has not been activated by ircc yet. Tried visiting the local ircc branch but they denied giving information stating they only cater to canadian citizens and PR. And we are on work permit in Canada. Pls help
Thanks to all who respond.

1. The posted processing time is 143 days plus mailing and return. So relax

Divshashidhar

Mar 10, 2021
You mean to say 143 days just to stamp the visa on the passport and send it back in the already prepaid envelope. The courier process I selected was an express one which meant I was to receive the stamped passport within 7 days and I did pay a hell of a charge of $185 for the expedited courier.

Divshashidhar

Mar 10, 2021
We had received the PPR on 20th nov so we sent the passport for stamping by 12th Dec and ircc office received it on 13th Dec. We have the delivery receipt by FedEx. And if we go by the PPR validity then it's expired by 19th Dec which falls under the 30 days validity of PPR. Even taking this into account I was wondering why haven't they returned the passport yet after almost a month of receiving it. Is there any way to contact them other than the callcenter number which never gets connected