+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Hard Copy of Work Permit- Help - What Do I DO????

Mrmongy

Feb 11, 2013
After graduating from UofT I applied for a PGWP and it was processed and approved. Howerver, the hard copy never reached me by mail. (I was living in a student apt building with very sketchy mail delivery and problems with mail theft) I know it was approved because the border folks can see it online when I enter Canada from the US.
I can't apply for a replacement because the application asks for all this information that is on the permit that I never got. (If you're applying for a replacement, how are you supposed to have that info???) Supposedly the New York office can;t help me becuase the application was made from inside Canada.
Now, I have job opportunities in Toronto and I really need the hard copy form. I'm in the US and can't reach the 888 number at CIC by phone from outside Canada.
Help. What do I do to get a copy of my work permit?????

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You can submit the application anyway, with a letter of explanation. You can write in "not available" or "unknown" in lieu of the required explanation. Perhaps include a photocopy of your old study permit and PGWP application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

If the border agent can look up your details, so can the VO in Ottawa :)

I don't know about Part B, Q3 - I think I would check "Other" and state that you never received it (assuming you don't have a police report).

Mrmongy

Feb 11, 2013
The hard copy process is a couple of months even with the correct info. I have an opportunity in Toronto NOW. Any other folks with advice????

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Is there a Canadian embassy near you reside?
I think the best is to either call or visit the nearest Canadian embassy and give them your client ID (client ID for PGWP is the same as your number indicated on your study permit).

hope it works out for you ;)

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Mrmongy said:
After graduating from UofT I applied for a PGWP and it was processed and approved. Howerver, the hard copy never reached me by mail. (I was living in a student apt building with very sketchy mail delivery and problems with mail theft) I know it was approved because the border folks can see it online when I enter Canada from the US.
I can't apply for a replacement because the application asks for all this information that is on the permit that I never got. (If you're applying for a replacement, how are you supposed to have that info???) Supposedly the New York office can;t help me becuase the application was made from inside Canada.
Now, I have job opportunities in Toronto and I really need the hard copy form. I'm in the US and can't reach the 888 number at CIC by phone from outside Canada.
Help. What do I do to get a copy of my work permit?????
If you can come to canada and call CIC then it's should be OK. I assuming you have visitor visa since you talk about border folks, alternatively you can email CIC with your client ID for replacement.