+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Experience Letter- Please help

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
I recently got an ITA to apply for PR. I am in a fix about getting the experience letter. My entire work experience ( 8 years) was at the same company. This company was owned by a family member. I left the company after falling out with my boss ( owner of the company and my cousin). I have requested him for an experience letter on 2 occasions and he hasn't provided it. It was a small company and so my only other colleague will not provide the a notarized letter either.

Here are the documents that I have

1. W2 ( tax forms from the company)
2. Offer letter
3. Employment agreement

None of these really describe my job duties.

I am going to continue to request my boss for an experience letter but I am not sure that I will get it.

What other way can I prove my work experience? Can I ask a client of the company to verify that I worked for them?

Also how can I prove to CIC that I made very effort to obtain the reference letter. Please note that this is a legitimate company in the US with a website and government clients.

Please advise.

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
What did you do finally? I'm also in a similar situation. The company wont give an experience letter the contract is not on letterhead I can show bank records but the tax for current year is yet to be filled.

Indiawala

Nov 22, 2022
I recently got an ITA to apply for PR. I am in a fix about getting the experience letter. My entire work experience ( 8 years) was at the same company. This company was owned by a family member. I left the company after falling out with my boss ( owner of the company and my cousin). I have requested him for an experience letter on 2 occasions and he hasn't provided it. It was a small company and so my only other colleague will not provide the a notarized letter either.

Here are the documents that I have

1. W2 ( tax forms from the company)
2. Offer letter
3. Employment agreement

None of these really describe my job duties.

I am going to continue to request my boss for an experience letter but I am not sure that I will get it.

What other way can I prove my work experience? Can I ask a client of the company to verify that I worked for them?

Also how can I prove to CIC that I made very effort to obtain the reference letter. Please note that this is a legitimate company in the US with a website and government clients.

Please advise.
Hi lilybell, please update us as I am in a similar position

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi lilybell, please update us as I am in a similar position
Hi, It's been a while but I did receive the experience letter from my US company and didn't need to go this route. Sorry I'm not able to help. I hope you are able to work this out.