+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No experience in Caregiver

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but approval seems doubtful without experience. Maybe you need to get experience in your home country for a year or two first and then apply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes people get approved with only a caregiver course. If you are trying to work for a family member you may run into problems. Did you take your course after applying last year? Did you apply to watch your brother’s children last year?

Rapunzel24

Mar 31, 2018
Yes people get approved with only a caregiver course. If you are trying to work for a family member you may run into problems. Did you take your course after applying last year? Did you apply to watch your brother’s children last year?
Why will I have problems if i work for a family member?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why will I have problems if i work for a family member?
There was a lot of abuse in the system by previous applicants. They wouldn’t have applied for a caregiver if they had’t been able to select a family member and caregivers went to work doing other jobs.

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
There was a lot of abuse in the system by previous applicants. They wouldn’t have applied for a caregiver if they had’t been able to select a family member and caregivers went to work doing other jobs.
This is actually sad reality. I just hope visa officers will see that not all caregiver applications with family relative as the prospective worker will end up working other jobs if ever they got hired. there's a lot of genuine applications too, where the caregiver is really eligible. But of course, the decision is up to the officer reviewing the file.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is actually sad reality. I just hope visa officers will see that not all caregiver applications with family relative as the prospective worker will end up working other jobs if ever they got hired. there's a lot of genuine applications too, where the caregiver is really eligible. But of course, the decision is up to the officer reviewing the file.
If you family is desperate for a caregiver they can always try to hire someone else if you get refused. You can always apply to work with another family.

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
If you family is desperate for a caregiver they can always try to hire someone else if you get refused. You can always apply to work with another family.
Yes, canuck, the family can of course hire and offer the job to someone else. The problem is the processing time for other Visa office is too long like that in UAE, it says 21 weeks processing but a lot of applicants there got decision within 23 or so weeks, by the time the application gets refusal, the LMIA is already expired and the caregiver (relative) can no longer re-apply and there is no other family who can hire and willing to process LMIA for him/her again.

By the way, do you have an idea how soon you will know if you get refusal? Mine is already at 19weeks, I forgot to attach a Visa office specific checklist form in my online application because there is no spot there to attach it. I actually sent everything in that checklist. The officer usually sends correspondence if there is anything missing right? I am so worried actually.

This is the form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5894E.pdf

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, canuck, the family can of course hire and offer the job to someone else. The problem is the processing time for other Visa office is too long like that in UAE, it says 21 weeks processing but a lot of applicants there got decision within 23 or so weeks, by the time the application gets refusal, the LMIA is already expired and the caregiver (relative) can no longer re-apply and there is no other family who can hire and willing to process LMIA for him/her again.

By the way, do you have an idea how soon you will know if you get refusal? Mine is already at 19weeks, I forgot to attach a Visa office specific checklist form in my online application because there is no spot there to attach it. I actually sent everything in that checklist. The officer usually sends correspondence if there is anything missing right? I am so worried actually.

This is the form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5894E.pdf
Applicants usually have their LMIA ready already and then they re matched with a potential caregiver. You are also not applying from your home country which could create delays. If you are already working with a family there may be concerns about whether you wjreactually available to switch jobs. Your application would likely take longer than non-relative. There are also caregiving options already in Canada (nanny or daycare). I am not IRCC so can't tell you 100% if or why there is a delay.

Rapunzel24

Mar 31, 2018
Because my brother doesnt trust other people specially to leave their little ones if they didnt know much their babysitter. Atleast as a family member you can rely on them. Thank you for your reply.