+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Emails Yet to Sponsor. Anyone else?

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Hello, any other applicants with this strange occurrence? As the subject says there have been no emails sent to the sponsor. AOR, and then confirmation of MyCIC linking and an email about a message (medical request) sent to PA. ECAS says Decision Made for sponsor but still no word to the sponsor. Since we were sent the medical request, we're assuming it's at least not a negative decision but not really sure if it's just an automated request that's sent after linking.

Checked forms to confirm email address is correct. (Incidentally, phone number listed in the auto-filled medical form we were sent is incorrect (again, confirmed that our original application forms had the correct number)).

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Were you asked for police check along with the Schedule A medical, or just the medical? As I was only asked for Schedule A yet i know some people were asked for both.. Hopefully you and I hear something else soon, my anxiety is killing me.... best of luck
Hi,

Even i am in the same boat as you. i submitted my medicals in july and been waiting since. i have not received any response yet. and even my husband who is sponsoring me does not get any emails. all the info is sent to my mail and updated in my linked account.
@stke4130 and @LOHITHA I read that neither of your sponsors have received emails from CIC either. How did you receive word about Sponsor Approval in that case? I've mentioned this in the OP above but to summarize: ECAS states Decision Made so we're hoping it implies sponsorship approval (and not denial!) but would like to know if at least the principal applicant will be notified in writing at some point. Thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
If you did NOT check the box that states to 'continue processing even if sponsor is denied' then you were approved, else they would've sent the PA an email stating they did not qualify based on negative sponsor decision.

If you DID check the box that states to continue, then sponsor may have been denied and then the PA will also be denied because there is not a sponsor.

To ease your mind, though, it is highly unlikely that the sponsor was denied. Before they do this they send emails and/or letters stating their intent and allowing for you to show them why you should be accepted. If all else fails, then sponsor calls CIC and asks directly about the sponsor approval/denial. They WILL give you that much information.

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
If you did NOT check the box that states to 'continue processing even if sponsor is denied' then you were approved, else they would've sent the PA an email stating they did not qualify based on negative sponsor decision.

If you DID check the box that states to continue, then sponsor may have been denied and then the PA will also be denied because there is not a sponsor.

To ease your mind, though, it is highly unlikely that the sponsor was denied. Before they do this they send emails and/or letters stating their intent and allowing for you to show them why you should be accepted. If all else fails, then sponsor calls CIC and asks directly about the sponsor approval/denial. They WILL give you that much information.
Good point @Alurra71! Had forgotten about that. Did not check the box. And yeah, I thought there'd be some contact before denying sponsor as well but haven't read much about it so wasn't sure. There should really be no reason to deny sponsor that we can see so not that worried about it but would still be nice to get a proper notification. We're applying the sponsor outside Canada route so at most we thought we'd be asked for more proof for intent to return, so we're kinda surprised to see DM on ecas this soon after AOR.

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
An update in case it helps others in this strange-ish situation. Finally an email was sent to the sponsor on the 18th. It was to notify us of sponsor approval.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
I (sponsor) never got any emails yet since my wife (PA) got the AOR in October. I can input my details into ECAS OK and it's just at "application received" so far.

Some people say the sponsor never gets any emails throughout the whole process, just another of the many glitches CIC has!

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
I (sponsor) never got any emails yet since my wife (PA) got the AOR in October. I can input my details into ECAS OK and it's just at "application received" so far.

Some people say the sponsor never gets any emails throughout the whole process, just another of the many glitches CIC has!
Yeah, I assumed it was a glitch but wondered how prevalent it was since I haven't seen it mentioned all that much in my time here. BTW strangely enough ECAS changed to DM (for sponsor) in a day after AOR. And now sponsor received the approval email. Two others I tagged above, like you, haven't received any emails from what I understand. And your EACS hasn't changed at all. So, varied glitches at that apparently! :p Considering your partner must have received word about sponsor approval or at least file having moved to VO, which implies means SA (unless you checked the option Alurra mentioned above).