+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No E-AOR

savmac

Apr 16, 2018
Hi,

I am new here, but this forum has helped me a lot more than my visa consultant!

She submitted my E-APR on 6 June 2018 and then I asked her to provide me with the AOR which she will receive my email however she keeps telling me that she has not received anything on her email and that there are changes in the CIC system and that nothing is provided in the email and that it will be update on my CIC account. I am worried. Could someone explain to me what the actual process is..

Thank you.

THRISHI

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi,

I am new here, but this forum has helped me a lot more than my visa consultant!

She submitted my E-APR on 6 June 2018 and then I asked her to provide me with the AOR which she will receive my email however she keeps telling me that she has not received anything on her email and that there are changes in the CIC system and that nothing is provided in the email and that it will be update on my CIC account. I am worried. Could someone explain to me what the actual process is..

Thank you.
I believe you have access to your CIC account. If so what it says there? I am sure it doesn’t take more than couple of days to receive AOR. Has the payment been made towards PR fees? For notifications from CIC whose mail id is registered, Yours or your agent’s? If your online portal says that Expresse Entry application “Submitted” you shud receive a message and a letter (AOR) on your portal.

Reactions: savmac

savmac

Apr 16, 2018
Hi thank you for your reply.

My consultant isn’t giving me any kind of access I keep asking her for it but she says that till everything is done she can’t as I might make an error on my own application and she had made another email id which only she has access to.

She sent me a screenshot of the payment that I made of 1040 CAD for the application and landing charges.

I am going to ask her to give me access to the email today since this it is just weird that I don’t know what’s happening with the application.

So I’m going to tell that an email does come from CIC that is the acknowledgement of the application

Jul 26, 2017

My consultant isn’t giving me any kind of access I keep asking her for it but she says that till everything is done she can’t as I might make an error on my own application and she had made another email id which only she has access to.

She sent me a screenshot of the payment that I made of 1040 CAD for the application and landing charges.

I am going to ask her to give me access to the email today since this it is just weird that I don’t know what’s happening with the application.

So I’m going to tell that an email does come from CIC that is the acknowledgement of the application
If I understand correctly, you cannot modify your application once you've submitted it. So there should not be any problem in you accessing the account.

Reactions: savmac

savmac

Apr 16, 2018
aor is a pdf document you receive in your cic account message. you dont get it in an email.
Thank your for your reply.

Could you please let me know how many days it takes normally as my application was submitted last Wednesday and she says that no PDF document received on my account.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thank your for your reply.

Could you please let me know how many days it takes normally as my application was submitted last Wednesday and she says that no PDF document received on my account.
it takes only minutes. there will be a message with subject 'Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence'
once you click on it it will download a pdf

savmac

Apr 16, 2018
it takes only minutes. there will be a message with subject 'Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence'
once you click on it it will download a pdf
Oh Alright, I will check with her on the same.

Thank you for your help!

THRISHI

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016

If the payment has been made, I m sure all will be fine. However not providing access to account and email sounds strange to me. If it is something in your imm agency agreement, I m not sure. But even so you could ask her to provide snapshots of two pages which reflect exact status of application.
I may be reaching a bit far here, but IMO it is not safe to have access of that account with only one person especially just the agent as in unforeseen circumstances (eg. agent going absconding etc.), you must be able to take it from there. Also as correctly mentioned above it becomes read-only once you make the payment and can’t do anything unless they require more information from you.
Hope it’ll help..

savmac

Apr 16, 2018
If the payment has been made, I m sure all will be fine. However not providing access to account and email sounds strange to me. If it is something in your imm agency agreement, I m not sure. But even so you could ask her to provide snapshots of two pages which reflect exact status of application.
I may be reaching a bit far here, but IMO it is not safe to have access of that account with only one person especially just the agent as in unforeseen circumstances (eg. agent going absconding etc.), you must be able to take it from there. Also as correctly mentioned above it becomes read-only once you make the payment and can’t do anything unless they require more information from you.
Hope it’ll help..

Yes, even i found it strange, but I had no option as I was busy with my work and did not have time to argue. so I am going to ask her to provide me access on the same. After reading through this forum I had this feeling that AOR is received immediately and is not delayed. After speaking to all of you I am sure I should ask her about the same.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Yes, even i found it strange, but I had no option as I was busy with my work and did not have time to argue. so I am going to ask her to provide me access on the same. After reading through this forum I had this feeling that AOR is received immediately and is not delayed. After speaking to all of you I am sure I should ask her about the same.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.
hence, you avoid immigration agents and do everything yourself. As far as not giving access is concerned, I have read other cases on this forum where the agent has refused to give access to the account, and handles everything by himself/herself.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hope it’ll help..
I am also going through proven consultant agency and they don't provide access to my CIC account. In fact, it is the same as thread opener in that email notifications are sent to an email they created. This is how they handle with all their clients. No biggie. They do, however, give all PDF documents they receive including my ECA report and they are pretty open to share any files and/or screen shots. I am in Pre-ITA stage so not sure about e-AOR.

THRISHI

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
I am also going through proven consultant agency and they don't provide access to my CIC account. In fact, it is the same as thread opener in that email notifications are sent to an email they created. This is how they handle with all their clients. No biggie. They do, however, give all PDF documents they receive including my ECA report and they are pretty open to share any files and/or screen shots. I am in Pre-ITA stage so not sure about e-AOR.
In pre-ITA or application submission process I agree with that approach as there are too many things to be carefully filled out and if you are not sure, you will most certainly make a mistake in your application which could result in rejection. However post submissions and payment, once it goes read-only, I don’t think there shud be any issue sharing same with client.

savmac

Apr 16, 2018

I was okay till the E-APR that is submission of the Documents however when she told me she has not yet received the AOR I got worried because everyone receives it soon.