+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

no confirmation of document receipt for CAQ

FastForward

May 11, 2017
Hi dear all,

I really hope you can give me some insights as I am currently panicking...

So I sent my application for the CAQ April 6 and have since been patiently waiting for a reply. I actually thought I will never get a confirmation of receipt at all and that everything is still within the normal range of time. But now I found out that they DO confirm when they receive documents. I am bricking it as obviously I cannot proceed with my study permit application as long as I don't have my CAQ... :(

Do you think my documents have never actually arrived? Since it has been over 4 weeks, is it now okay to call them?

Oh, in case this is important - I am from Luxembourg but currently live in Ireland. Due to move back to Luxembourg in 2 weeks since my study program here is over and was hoping to move to Montreal end of July or early August (which I am sure now is not going to happen)

Ankur_patel

May 14, 2017
Hi dear all,

I really hope you can give me some insights as I am currently panicking...

So I sent my application for the CAQ April 6 and have since been patiently waiting for a reply. I actually thought I will never get a confirmation of receipt at all and that everything is still within the normal range of time. But now I found out that they DO confirm when they receive documents. I am bricking it as obviously I cannot proceed with my study permit application as long as I don't have my CAQ... :(

Do you think my documents have never actually arrived? Since it has been over 4 weeks, is it now okay to call them?

Oh, in case this is important - I am from Luxembourg but currently live in Ireland. Due to move back to Luxembourg in 2 weeks since my study program here is over and was hoping to move to Montreal end of July or early August (which I am sure now is not going to happen)
Hey! Don't worry........you should be getting ur CAQ after 40 days of ur courier delivery........So did anything change in ur online portal or it is still FILE OPEN........?

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen
Call them if you can. Also if you paid any application fee, check if it has been encashed. Thats one way to know if they have started working on your application.

FastForward

May 11, 2017
So, they DID receive my payment, but they still have not updated to confirm they received the documents I mailed. All I know is my file has been open since April 6. And this is why I worry...

FastForward

May 11, 2017
There is an update - but it is bad news :(

I called the post here in Dublin to ask for confirmation of receipt from them... Turns out my letter has been stuck in a container in Toronto for over a month along with 64 other parcels. I could just cry... I don't know if I should even sent it again as it could get stuck AGAIN.... I lost an entire month due to this bullshit. I don't understand how it is even possible that something like this happens at all. It will take the post about 3 weeks to figure shit out, then it will take another 3 at least to process my documents at the office, plus the time it takes to process my study permit... Which I will have to start all over with.

Any idea if I can enter Canada on an ETA while I wait for my letter? I don't want to move so late and after all it is not my bloody mistake at all.