+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No citizenship certificate after virtual oath

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Hello,

I had my virtual oath on September 28th, 2021. After my ceremony I saw that my application status changed to "closed" within 1-2 days.

Its been 4 weeks now, and I still haven't received my citizenship certificate. My processing center was Hamilton, and my virtual oath was done with the Niagara IRCC office.

What are my options now besides just waiting? Is it possible to contact IRCC to know the status? If yes, how?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

I had my virtual oath on September 28th, 2021. After my ceremony I saw that my application status changed to "closed" within 1-2 days.

Its been 4 weeks now, and I still haven't received my citizenship certificate. My processing center was Hamilton, and my virtual oath was done with the Niagara IRCC office.

What are my options now besides just waiting? Is it possible to contact IRCC to know the status? If yes, how?
Contact them on the same email ID you received the oath invitation from and let them know you haven't received your certificate yet. Its almost a month since you took oath. In addition to that, you can try calling IRCC and also raise a webform request.

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Contact them on the same email ID you received the oath invitation from and let them know you haven't received your certificate yet. Its almost a month since you took oath. In addition to that, you can try calling IRCC and also raise a webform request.
Thanks, let me try emailing. I have travel plans in December so I'm really hping I get the certificate within a week or so to allow me to get my passport as well on time. I saw your timeline, and you got yours in one day! That's amazing, did you ask for urgent processing?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks, let me try emailing. I have travel plans in December so I'm really hping I get the certificate within a week or so to allow me to get my passport as well on time. I saw your timeline, and you got yours in one day! That's amazing, did you ask for urgent processing?
My application was processed urgently and so was my citizenship certificate.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello,

it is too early to receive them, just wait 8-12 weeks

• Angry
Reactions: BenLinus6

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
8-12 weeks to receive the certificate?!!! This is 2-4 months!! Most people report receiving it within 4 weeks. If you don't receive it within 8 weeks, you need to contact them. It maybe lost

Reactions: Jamiez04

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Maybe we should have a tracker for this as well haha.

8-12 weeks is too much, I hope I get it sooner. I re-checked the oath instructions and it says 2-4 weeks is the expected time, and to contact them via email if I don't get it after 6 weeks. I had a trip planned to the US in December, which is looking increasingly unlikely given I still need to get my passport as well. Not sure why they cant provide updates or a tracking number for such an important document.

Even at this last stage, IRCC is messing with me :(

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018

8-12 weeks is too much, I hope I get it sooner. I re-checked the oath instructions and it says 2-4 weeks is the expected time, and to contact them via email if I don't get it after 6 weeks. I had a trip planned to the US in December, which is looking increasingly unlikely given I still need to get my passport as well. Not sure why they cant provide updates or a tracking number for such an important document.

Once you have your cert, you can request expedited passport service given that you already booked a trip. I think you are going to make it, just wait for the cert!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Did you check with them if it was mailed to you?

JeanMeslier

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Doc's Request.
07-09-2016
Nomination.....
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2017
In the Oath letter I received it is stated clearly that if you do not receive the certificate in 6 weeks contact them.
Normally, it should take 2-4 weeks after you send the signed oath.

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Hello,

DID YOU GET YOUR CERTIFICATE? IF YES, DID YOU CONTACT THEM?

rajeev12

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
I've also been having issues with them. It's been more than six weeks for me. I would say keep emailing, call the call center, get your MP involved. I'm hoping they send it soon as I also have to travel in December.

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
I've also been having issues with them. It's been more than six weeks for me. I would say keep emailing, call the call center, get your MP involved. I'm hoping they send it soon as I also have to travel in December.
I hope it works out for you as you planned. Why does it take so long to get the certificate?
When you had your Oath did you get the timeframe and were you given instructions on what to do next and if in case you don't get the Certificate as per the dates what will be the options.

I am curious to know.

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
I had Oath 3 weeks ago, still waiting.
They told certificate will be delivered in 2-4 weeks, but with this quality of service I expect to receive it in couple months.
I think it's unreasonable delay, they don't need to check anything, they need to print and send it.