+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No chance of immigration?

Feb 13, 2017
Hi all,

1st, and poss last post here!

I have wanted to immigrate to Canada for a long time, but couldn't for many reasons.
Im now 40 and contracting in IT in the UK, over 15 years experience.
I was recommended to a Canadian company, and they expressed a big interest in employing me, but once I explained I didn't have a working visa or PR they said
they weren't sponsoring people or performing any LMIAs (I think thats the acronym).

I tried the online tools at the Canadian Immigration website and only scored 60 points or 350 points on both tools, as most of my many quals are Vocational.
So despite having savings, quals, and a job offer if I had a visa, I'm going nowhere fast.

I suspect it's too late, I'm think I'm just having a hard time accepting it.

Any ideas or advice gratefully accepted.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You would need to look into getting a PNP which gives you 600 points. Many provinces need people with IT background. Look up each province and see which best suits you.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
you can check out provincial nomination of the one you are intending to go to. They sometimes don't require LMIA and can have a temp work permit issued while PR is in process

LadyBlueTones

Mar 4, 2017
No chance of immigration? Looking for any help!

I am looking for any help to help out my brother-in-law. He has a departure date set. He has a Canadian born autistic child (3 years old) that he is primary care giver for. He has put in letter from Pediatrician stating best interest of the child is to remain here with her father. A letter stating he has employment if he can stay. A letter from myself supporting his reasons to stay. As well as a few other supporting letters. A letter from CAS stating he is the primary care giver. A letter from his child's daycare. They still are not letting him stay. He has no criminal record. We need other ideas of applications to put in to delay departure and or to get him granted to stay in Canada. Please any ideas to help. Even if you know a pro-bono lawyer that can help in the G T A as he lives in Mississauga.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: No chance of immigration? Looking for any help!

LadyBlueTones said:
I am looking for any help to help out my brother-in-law. He has a departure date set. He has a Canadian born autistic child (3 years old) that he is primary care giver for. He has put in letter from Pediatrician stating best interest of the child is to remain here with her father. A letter stating he has employment if he can stay. A letter from myself supporting his reasons to stay. As well as a few other supporting letters. A letter from CAS stating he is the primary care giver. A letter from his child's daycare. They still are not letting him stay. He has no criminal record. We need other ideas of applications to put in to delay departure and or to get him granted to stay in Canada. Please any ideas to help. Even if you know a pro-bono lawyer that can help in the G T A as he lives in Mississauga.
PRRA is often a way of delaying removal. However PRRA won't work to the best of my knowledge in this case since there's no fear of persecution in his home country: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5523ETOC.asp

He could submit an H&C application on the basis of needing to care for his child. However applying for H&C won't delay or prevent his removal (to the best of my knowledge). H&C applications also tend to take a couple of years to process and have a low rate of approval.

Not sure what else to suggest. Does he qualify to apply to immigrate to Canada through one of Canada's immigration streams like Express Entry? What's his history in Canada?

LadyBlueTones

Mar 4, 2017
He came here in 2011 I believe. He put in for humanitarian already and was denied. He tried common-law spouse and was denied. But no0w that he is the only primary care giver for his daughter through CAS so I just do not get it. I feel that my neices rights as a Candian Citizen are being taken away from her. If she goes back with him there is not help for her there for her autism.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
LadyBlueTones said:
He came here in 2011 I believe. He put in for humanitarian already and was denied. He tried common-law spouse and was denied. But no0w that he is the only primary care giver for his daughter through CAS so I just do not get it. I feel that my neices rights as a Candian Citizen are being taken away from her. If she goes back with him there is not help for her there for her autism.
Sorry - just saw this reply now. It's time for him to start working with a very good immigration lawyer. If H&C has already been denied, I don't know if he has any options left.

Does he qualify for Express Entry or another economic immigration program?