+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No birth certificate

illakiya66

Aug 4, 2023
Hello,
My husband is a Canadian PR who is sponsoring me. I don't have a birth certificate and I enquired in the hospital too but unfortunately they couldn't provide me with one.
Is birth certificate mandatory or is there any other document that I can submit?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
My husband is a Canadian PR who is sponsoring me. I don't have a birth certificate and I enquired in the hospital too but unfortunately they couldn't provide me with one.
Is birth certificate mandatory or is there any other document that I can submit?
Aopparently this is not uncommon in India, provide other docs such as school leaving certificates, and a letter of explanation. Possible the national identity card is now accepted?

But I have also heard/understand that there is some kind of 'date of birth certificate' that is issued on basis of passport by consulates, presume that it's possible there is something similar available within India.

Reactions: YVR123

Houa

Mar 3, 2024
What armoured said. I recommend watching this video. This Youtuber is my go to guy for my whole application process.

I also don't have a birth certificate as I am a war refugee moving from camp to camp. Luckily my parent still keep a bio data sheet recorded where I was born and such so I just used that with letter of explanation.