+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Bank Statements and Salary Slips

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I'm planning to apply for Canada PR. I have one year of work experience as a full-time content writer from India after my Bachelors degree. However, I don't have my bank statements or salary slips with me. But, I have my work experience certificate and can also get a letter of reference from my employer. I'm concerned whether it's fine if I can't show my bank statements and salary slips to CIC during PR process, but just show work experience certificate and letter of reference. Can someone please answer my query?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msatishxp said:
Hi, I'm planning to apply for Canada PR. I have one year of work experience as a full-time content writer from India after my Bachelors degree. However, I don't have my bank statements or salary slips with me. But, I have my work experience certificate and can also get a letter of reference from my employer. I'm concerned whether it's fine if I can't show my bank statements and salary slips to CIC during PR process, but just show work experience certificate and letter of reference. Can someone please answer my query?
You must have proof of funds.
This is usually shown through the combination of bank statements and a letter from the bank. If you can come up with some other acceptable way to do it, then by all means.

Salary slips, on the other hand, are not compulsory.

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
msatishxp said:
Do you have any tax statements? I would imagine including those should also be helpful.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
@istari - I researched proof of funds online and it says these are required to prove that I have sufficient funds to support myself in Canada. But, is it a requirement to prove my work experience as well in the form of bank statements? Isn't a work experience certificate and letter of reference enough to verify my work experience?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msatishxp said:
@istari - I researched proof of funds online and it says these are required to prove that I have sufficient funds to support myself in Canada. But, is it a requirement to prove my work experience as well in the form of bank statements?
No.

Isn't a work experience certificate and letter of reference enough to verify my work experience?
Yes.

Nishan Hundal

Aug 29, 2018