+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No approval past 6 months

jchandiran

Jul 13, 2019
On Jan 11, 2019 I submitted my Express Entry application and received my AOR. Its been more than 6 months which is the processing time listed on the site and I have not yet received my approval. The last updates on my application were in Feb. Early Feb to confirm my medical was fine and late Feb where they confirmed that my biometrics was received. Is there a reason for a delay as my application is very straightforward? Only notable things are:

- I have a very long personal travel history which i've listed out in detail
- I also had a resident visa in the UAE as a child but that was more than 10 years ago. Never the less i also provided a PCC for UAE.
- I changed my job and address within the US after AOR of which I informed IRCC and they acknowledged receipt within a week of submitting the form.

Any recommendations from past experiences on what is causing the delay and anything I can do to get some updates?

I've already raised a status request question with IRCC and also requested for GCMS notes - both pending response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
On Jan 11, 2019 I submitted my Express Entry application and received my AOR. Its been more than 6 months which is the processing time listed on the site and I have not yet received my approval. The last updates on my application were in Feb. Early Feb to confirm my medical was fine and late Feb where they confirmed that my biometrics was received. Is there a reason for a delay as my application is very straightforward? Only notable things are:

- I have a very long personal travel history which i've listed out in detail
- I also had a resident visa in the UAE as a child but that was more than 10 years ago. Never the less i also provided a PCC for UAE.
- I changed my job and address within the US after AOR of which I informed IRCC and they acknowledged receipt within a week of submitting the form.

Any recommendations from past experiences on what is causing the delay and anything I can do to get some updates?

I've already raised a status request question with IRCC and also requested for GCMS notes - both pending response.
The six month processing time is just an estimate - not a guarantee or a maximum. It's not at all unusual for processing to take longer than six months - some applications take over a year (although only a small percentage).

Ordering GCMS notes is really the only way to get an update on where processing with your application stands. So good you've already done that.

Unfortunately no way to speed it up. All you can do is wait.