+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No AOR in 4 months

itslawson12

Feb 1, 2018
Hi everyone,

Next week is going to make 4 months since my application was received and I haven’t received AOR. I tried all possible options but nothing worked. Sent a second application, called my MPP, I kept getting the same response saying they have my application and are still reviewing it.

At this point, I’m thinking about withdrawing my application and maybe re-applying later someday when IRCC have decided I’m worthy of the Citizenship. Any suggestions please?

itslawson12

Feb 1, 2018
Have you checked your ECAS using your UCI number?
Yes, indeed! I know for a fact that they still haven’t opened my application as this was the same response I got each time I called them. I just don’t seem to understand why they need 4 months to review an application and in my case 2 applications.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
You have done your part by sending in a second application, checking with your MP and following up with IRCC. At this point just wait. How does withdrawing your application help you in any way? It might convey to IRCC, if it were a person with undivided attention, that you are angry but practically it's a wasted exercise. Let your application process through the grinder and wait for the result.

itslawson12

Feb 1, 2018
You have done your part by sending in a second application, checking with your MP and following up with IRCC. At this point just wait. How does withdrawing your application help you in any way? It might convey to IRCC, if it were a person with undivided attention, that you are angry but practically it's a wasted exercise. Let your application process through the grinder and wait for the result.
Thanks for your response. I guess I was getting a little paranoid wondering why they’ve been reviewing it for so long and I still haven’t heard anything from them. So I figured maybe if I withdrew and re-applied later on, maybe that’d help but I guess it wouldn’t. I’ll just have to wait and see how it plays out. Once again, thank you.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Thanks for your response. I guess I was getting a little paranoid wondering why they’ve been reviewing it for so long and I still haven’t heard anything from them. So I figured maybe if I withdrew and re-applied later on, maybe that’d help but I guess it wouldn’t. I’ll just have to wait and see how it plays out. Once again, thank you.
The forum here is pretty good but the constant tracking can be frustrating, especially if your application hasn't crossed step 1.
I remember reading some October applicants getting their AOR pretty late in Jan or Feb but their application moved to In Process pretty quickly. So it can take 3-4 months for AOR. If you don't get it after 6 months maybe then it's worth checking in with the call center.

Reactions: rasmy and dpenabill