+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No AOR 6 months for Online spousal sponsorship application

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
So you just imagined that?
Yes. It was a guess. Certainly the same you or anyone else would have made with the information available for me at the time (I'm not disclosing it here, now because it is too much to write). Humans do that, you know... It's a natural thing.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes. It was a guess. Certainly the same you or anyone else would have made with the information available for me at the time (I'm not disclosing it here, now because it is too much to write). Humans do that, you know... It's a natural thing.
When it was announced, it was labelled a pilot project. I.e.: Beta.

People were convincing themselves it would be faster because ... well, because 'online' has to be faster? (No obvious reason to believe that).

When in fact the pilot project terminology amounted to a warning. Also they deliberately made it harder to find.

Anyway, at least you're clear it was just a guess on your part that didn't work out. I have seen many posts that seem to imply that they were somehow unfairly deceived by the online application.

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
When it was announced, it was labelled a pilot project. I.e.: Beta.

People were convincing themselves it would be faster because ... well, because 'online' has to be faster? (No obvious reason to believe that).

When in fact the pilot project terminology amounted to a warning. Also they deliberately made it harder to find.

Anyway, at least you're clear it was just a guess on your part that didn't work out. I have seen many posts that seem to imply that they were somehow unfairly deceived by the online application.
I had just used a sort of pilot, beta, online way of applying for a visitor visa and it cut short processing time from 9 months to 2 weeks so yes. It was the guess that anyone would make knowing what I knew only.

gh99

Jul 16, 2022
Have any of you got AOR now?
I submitted Outland Paper application on March 17 2022, no AOR yet
Contacted call centre and MP and both said we are at prospective stage, have not passed completeness check yet
But people who submitted that same month and after have gotten it and are close to being done/already done. Even those who submitted recently - I dont find that fair at all

samdscar

Apr 12, 2022
Have any of you got AOR now?
I submitted Outland Paper application on March 17 2022, no AOR yet
Contacted call centre and MP and both said we are at prospective stage, have not passed completeness check yet
But people who submitted that same month and after have gotten it and are close to being done/already done. Even those who submitted recently - I dont find that fair at all
I got AOR about a month later, first week of July. After that everything processed quite fast, and concluded mid-September.