+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No AOR 6 months for Online spousal sponsorship application

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
I applied on Sep 22, 2021 online for spousal Outland sponsorship and have not received AOR till now. Has anyone who applied online, waiting this long? any suggestions? Please share your story! Thanks

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I applied on Sep 22, 2021 online for spousal sponsorship and have not received AOR till now. Has anyone who applied online, waiting this long? any suggestions? Please share your story! Thanks
Sounds like something is wrong. Try the call centre, they should have a record of your application; if they do not, it likely means it was returned.

You can also try your MP's office.

Khushboo2105

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
I applied on Sep 22, 2021 online for spousal sponsorship and have not received AOR till now. Has anyone who applied online, waiting this long? any suggestions? Please share your story! Thanks
I submitted mine online on 22 oct 2021.Still no AOR.trying to calling cic since yesterday but i couldn't get through an agent.

Reactions: ricky.lambton

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Sounds like something is wrong. Try the call centre, they should have a record of your application; if they do not, it likely means it was returned.

You can also try your MP's office.
Called Call center before , they told me application was received on 22 Sep, 2021. The application is still considered a prospective file and is currently being checked for completeness and will be in queue after passing this. As I applied online it would say on the system if returned. The status shows submission date. That's it !
I contacted MP also, they gave me the same answer.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Called Call center before , they told me application was received on 22 Sep, 2021. The application is still considered a prospective file and is currently being checked for completeness and will be in queue after passing this. As I applied online it would say on the system if returned. The status shows submission date. That's it !
I contacted MP also, they gave me the same answer.
How long ago was it that you called? Again, you should have got something back before now.

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Online application for inland family sponsorship and currently almost 5 months without AOR

samdscar

Apr 12, 2022
Online inland too. It will be six month this month and no AOR yet. Very frustrating to see lots of people who are also online inland and submitted much later than me getting AOR.

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
That is
Online inland too. It will be six month this month and no AOR yet. Very frustrating to see lots of people who are also online inland and submitted much later than me getting AOR.
This is insane. Especially because she needs her WP!!! I have received an email of IRCC acknowledging I'm the sponsor. How come no AOR yet?!?!?! I think we'll apply for her WP and see what happens... Her visitor visa is ending and will have to be extended before even getting a WP... Insane

samdscar

Apr 12, 2022
That is

This is insane. Especially because she needs her WP!!! I have received an email of IRCC acknowledging I'm the sponsor. How come no AOR yet?!?!?! I think we'll apply for her WP and see what happens... Her visitor visa is ending and will have to be extended before even getting a WP... Insane
We haven't even received that. Nothing.

samdscar

Apr 12, 2022
And we applied online thinking it would make things faster!!! Now we pay dearly...
Agreed. I wish we had applied on paper. That way we could have submitted the OWP application at the same time.
I thought online would be easier, but now even if we get AOR soon, applying and getting the OWP would take even longer due to the separate processing time.

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Agreed. I wish we had applied on paper. That way we could have submitted the OWP application at the same time.
I thought online would be easier, but now even if we get AOR soon, applying and getting the OWP would take even longer due to the separate processing time.
I'm just baffled... It blows my mind to think that my wife will have to extend her visitor visa and we still haven't received an AOR therefore haven't even applied for OWP... to get her visitor visa we paid twice. One through the old way that would take forever and a second time through the new way that is fast. This suggested that a new online way of applying for the sponsorship would be fast.... Now this .... It's unbelievable... My PR card came with wrong picture as well... Nothing works and you never know what's going to happen....