+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No address yet!!!

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
We are landing soon in Ontario, but we do not have any relatives/we dont know anyone where we can have our PR CARDS mailed. What are our options on this? Can we land first and inform the IO that we will look for a place to stay where they can mail the PR CARDS? Is it going to work that way?

Will be waiting for your replies.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yes, it'd work. There r 2 ways to follow under such a sit:

1. As u said, inform the officer at POE. Do not fill in the PR card application now & do so later after u have an address.
2. Contact UPS in your home stn. They have a PO Box system. Apply for it beforehand. U can use that address.

Hope that helps.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

qorax said:
Yes, it'd work. There r 2 ways to follow under such a sit:

1. As u said, inform the officer at POE. Do not fill in the PR card application now & do so later after u have an address.
2. Contact UPS in your home stn. They have a PO Box system. Apply for it beforehand. U can use that address.

Hope that helps.
CIC will NOT send PR cards to PO box addresses.

PMM

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I know of quite a few ppl who have used the UPS Mail box system, for obtaining their PR Cards. The UPS boxes do not carry a PO Box Address and use 'street address' instead. Here's what it is all about, as quoted from the UPS Store website:

▪ A real street address, not a P.O. Box.
▪ Secure mail with 24-hour access.
Pick up your mail when it’s convenient for you.
▪ Package notification.
We’ll let you know when your packages arrive.
▪ Full-service mail and package receiving.
▪ Mail holding & forwarding.
We’ll hold your packages for pick-up or forward them to you, wherever you are.
▪ Call-in MailCheck®
Save time. Save a trip. Call us to find out if you have mail.

hope that helps.

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
Great information. Qorax, PMM do you know if there is any restriction in use of a P.O. BOX address for visa office use ? I just made a change of address letter to my visa office and new address is a P.O. BOX address.

Thanks..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Roger,

With Visa Offices it's a non-issue. My apps had a PO Box address as well. However, CIC will not send our PR cards to a PO Box Address. In fact, if u state one, they'd not accept your form itself.

Regards.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
I know of quite a few ppl who have used the UPS Mail box system, for obtaining their PR Cards. The UPS boxes do not carry a PO Box Address and use 'street address' instead. Here's what it is all about, as quoted from the UPS Store website:

▪ A real street address, not a P.O. Box.
▪ Secure mail with 24-hour access.
Pick up your mail when it's convenient for you.
▪ Package notification.
We'll let you know when your packages arrive.
▪ Full-service mail and package receiving.
▪ Mail holding & forwarding.
We'll hold your packages for pick-up or forward them to you, wherever you are.
▪ Call-in MailCheck®
Save time. Save a trip. Call us to find out if you have mail.

hope that helps.
Just some days back your time lines had waiting for ppt now when I see Visa Issued it feels great. ND wait is killing me...:) Sorry to post this message under a wrong thread but it was instant

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
To: Rocky

Thank your Sir. But your D-day is soon to come as well. Soon... pretty soon ! And when that comes along, all aches shall be a distant memory.

See u soon for a cool tete-tete at Canada... over coffee?

Deep regards,
Qorax.

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
The UPS box option sounds like a real deal for people who want to make the landing and return to US or wherever they are from.

Are there anyone who has actually used this option.

claxtonCT

Star Member
Oct 11, 2008
Guys:

I'm also facing this issue of not having an address when I land (besides hotel)

Do not give this ups masked po box to CIC saying thats where you live, this would be misrepresentation, why take the risk? If you have to leave and cant wait for your PR, when you need to come back pay 50 dollars and get the travel document from the visa office in your country, that's the right way to do.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
claxtonCT said:
Guys:

I'm also facing this issue of not having an address when I land (besides hotel)

Do not give this ups masked po box to CIC saying thats where you live, this would be misrepresentation, why take the risk? If you have to leave and cant wait for your PR, when you need to come back pay 50 dollars and get the travel document from the visa office in your country, that's the right way to do.
U r absolutely right there, Claxton.
That's the best way to go.

However, that UPS thing also works & done by many. Even some had got their PR card/s forwarded by the UPS to another address. But, but, but, your advice is perfect, as UPS is not an 'ethical' option, only that ppl in dire straits resort to it.

Uhh yes, some of the guys have also used the 'hotel managers' name & address, w/out mentioning the hotel name [as if its just a street address]. And succeeded. Not an ethical option again. But being regularly done all the time. In fact 'Safeway Homes' is advising their clients to do so, openly.

It's one's personal call though...

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
qorax said:
Roger,

With Visa Offices it's a non-issue. My apps had a PO Box address as well. However, CIC will not send our PR cards to a PO Box Address. In fact, if u state one, they'd not accept your form itself.

Regards.
Thank you Qorax .