Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Hi all,

Please let me know, Any information about the NLPNP process ???
I think, JOB OFFER Must.....

Rgds
Maytoss

Raj2014

Sep 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
May 9 2014
Med's Done....
May 23 2014 / IP Sep 2 2015 / DM Sep 18 2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2015 / Already in Canada Since 2010 as Student & Worker ...Now PR
Maytoss said:
Hi all,

Please let me know, Any information about the NLPNP process ???
I think, JOB OFFER Must.....

Rgds
Maytoss
YES....UNDER SKILLED WORKER CATEGORY...

SKILLED WORKER
The NLPNP Skilled Worker category exists to nominate individuals who have specialized skills that are deemed as having a critical impact on the operations of an employer in Newfoundland and Labrador.

Who is eligible for the Skilled Worker category?
You are eligible for the Skilled Worker category if you:

Have a full-time job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer, or a job or job offer that has compensation in the form of a salary and benefits package that meets provincial employment standards and prevailing wage rates;
Have a Citizenship and Immigration Canada Work Permit or is entitled to apply for one;
Have the qualifications, training, skills, and/or accreditation required for the job;
Can demonstrate the intention and ability to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador;
Have a job or job offer that does not contravene existing bargaining unit agreements or any employment disputes;
Can demonstrate that you have sufficient settlement funds and financial resources to successfully establish yourself and any dependents in Newfoundland and Labrador;
Your employer (or future employer) can demonstrate a need for your skill set; and
Can demonstrate sufficient English or French language capability to perform the employment duties. Your English language ability must be verified by one of the following:
An Affidavit of English Language Ability from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer who has offered you a full-time job; or
Education and/or training documents
Occupations classified in NOC Code C or D will have to meet Minimum Language Requirements

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
thanks Raj,

If we apply in their authorised AXIS job portal will I get any JOB Offer .. do you have any instance who got job like that...?
please advise and I think My language score is sufficient I believe...

regads
Maytoss

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Maytoss said:
thanks Raj,

If we apply in their authorised AXIS job portal will I get any JOB Offer .. do you have any instance who got job like that...?

regads
Maytoss
Can someone advise please.....?

Raj2014

Sep 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
May 9 2014
Med's Done....
May 23 2014 / IP Sep 2 2015 / DM Sep 18 2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2015 / Already in Canada Since 2010 as Student & Worker ...Now PR
Maytoss said:
thanks Raj,

regads
Maytoss
I don't have more knowledge about AXIS. I don't want to give any false information but I heard that N & L Provincial Immigration Office Staff is very friendly....

Below is contact info...Call and ask them....

If you have any questions or concerns that you would like answered before submitting your application, please contact us:

Via email: pnp@gov.nl.ca
By telephone: 709-729-6607
By fax: 709-729-7381
The complete application must be mailed to:

Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism
Confederation Building, West Block, Basement
100 Prince Phillip Drive
P.O. Box 8700
St. John's, NL
A1B 4J6

patelaakash33

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
I AM PLANNING TO APPLY IN NL NEW EXPRESS ENTRY 2015.

IN NLPNP WEBSITE THEY MENTIONED:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will launch “Express Entry,” its new system for managing permanent resident applications on January 1, 2015.
The Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP) will announce the criteria and will be accepting applications for the new NL Express Entry Skilled Worker category during January, 2015.

The Express Entry system will move Canada’s economic immigration system from a first-come-first-served model to an invitation-to-apply model. Express Entry candidates will be invited to apply for permanent residence under certain economic immigration programs based on how well their qualifications align with integration success factors identified by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. These success factors include, for example, a job offer, a provincial nomination, language ability, experience and education.

The new system will help skilled foreign workers become permanent residents more quickly due to faster processing times and will provide employers with a new avenue for recruiting foreign workers.

Visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp for more information on the new federal Express Entry system.

The NL Express Entry Skilled Worker category will enable the NL Provincial Nominee Program to nominate candidates through the federal Express Entry system. Like the existing NLPNP Skilled Worker category, the NL Express Entry Skilled Worker category will be for skilled workers with jobs or job offers.

Prospective immigrants who have been accepted into the federal Express Entry pool can apply to the NL Express Entry category. Persons nominated by the NLPNP will receive additional points in the federal ranking system, resulting in an invitation to apply for permanent residency, provided federal processing targets have not been met.

Details regarding Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry criteria will be posted to this web page during January, 2015.

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Yea, this process is going to start mostly before this month end...

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
How will be the cost of living in the St.John city..? and what is the % that people r getting job opportunities?

any idea?

Maytoss

patelaakash33

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Maytoss said:
How will be the cost of living in the St.John city..? and what is the % that people r getting job opportunities?

any idea?

Maytoss
According to my knowledge 1 bhk apartment has 800 to 900$ rent

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
patelaakash33 said:
According to my knowledge 1 bhk apartment has 800 to 900$ rent
ok,

then compare to Toronto it is bit cheap..?

but placements will be bit tuff in SJ city I think.
did you apply already?

thanks

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I have just got my PGWP for 3 years and want to apply for provincial nomination in newfoundland. I have been here 2 years and now have a permanent job. I was looking at the site and it says if your spouse is a canadian citizen you cannot apply and should go down the Family class sponsorship route. We are just common-law but have not really declared that yet. Is it better not to declare a spouse and go down this route? Any info greatly appreciated. I am from Scotland btw.