+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerian Police Clearance

fbf2006

Nov 29, 2007
Hi,

I was wondering how to go about getting a Nigerian Police Character Certificate for my husband. We're currently in Canada and sent our fingerprints and other documentation to the Nigerian High Commission in Ottawa, but I've also been advised to get a relative (his parents or siblings) in Nigeria to do it for us. Do they need any documentation, fingerprints? It's Nigeria so i'm wondering if fingerprints are really useful? For those that got their police clearances in Nigeria, what exactly did you do?

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fbf2006 said:
Hi,

I was wondering how to go about getting a Nigerian Police Character Certificate for my husband. We're currently in Canada and sent our fingerprints and other documentation to the Nigerian High Commission in Ottawa, but I've also been advised to get a relative (his parents or siblings) in Nigeria to do it for us. Do they need any documentation, fingerprints? It's Nigeria so i'm wondering if fingerprints are really useful? For those that got their police clearances in Nigeria, what exactly did you do?

Thanks.
As long as you are following the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/nigeria.asp which it appears you are, there is nothing further that you can do. For a local application in Nigeria, you have to appear in person.

PMM

fbf2006

Nov 29, 2007
PMM, thanks for your response. But I know Nigeria and I was told by a staff member of the High Commission in Ottawa to try to get a relative to do it in Nigeria because it's faster that way. I'm pretty sure we don't have to be there to get it done.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
fbf2006,you or your husby do not need to come to naija.u can send your prints down then your relative will tender that at AIG office in lagos to obtain the cert.but u know say u go shake body.cheers

fbf2006

Nov 29, 2007
Thanks soj! So we need to give them fingerprints? Do we need passport photographs or copies of our passport too? Anything else apart from "the usual?"

Thanks.

santoshraut

Sep 15, 2009
Dear Sir/Madam,

One of the my friend is in India from Nigeria. He want for Fingerprinting for the purpose of Police Clearance from Nigeria.

I want to know that- What type of Fingerprint Card is essential for Fingerprinting to send it for Police Clearance from Nigeria? and Where We can get it?

santoshraut

Sep 15, 2009
Dear Sir/Madam,

One of the my friend is in India from Nigeria. He want for Fingerprinting for the purpose of Police Clearance from Nigeria.

I want to know that- What type of Fingerprint Card is essential for Fingerprinting to send it for Police Clearance from Nigeria? and Where We can get it?

aner777

Star Member
Sep 14, 2009
Hello Fbf2006,
I presume that at the Nigerian High Commission,your husby's travel document was retrieved from him of which copies of the data page was made;he submitted his passport sized pictures which should be attached to his finger print document, which will be sent alongside the photocopy of his data page to Nigeria by you.This whole package should be given to you at the Nigerian High Commission,of which you are expected to post to a reliable friend or family member in Nigeria who will take it to Alagbon in Ikoyi,Lagos to secure the Police Certificate for your husby.As it was said earlier, body will have to shake.9ja for now but not tomorrow.Amen.

Let me know if your position is different from what i have enumerated above cos this was what i did and am in Kingston,Jamaica.It is well.

Zico

Feb 24, 2010
I have obtained police certificate from Nigeria. I only sent the data page of my passport, passport photo and fingerprints. The finger print document was scanned to me. I sent N15K to the perosn that helped me for payment and logistics. It took one day.

Zico

ca_ola

Oct 29, 2010
Dear all,

I am about getting a police certificate, but someone in naija is I need to take it to foreign affairs office to sign. Can someone who has collected same pls advice if that was ever done for them. Reponses will be appreciated at this time.

Thank you.

jojogeo

Mar 28, 2010
i have a good contact if you have the money. just one week is ready.. normal price is around 3k plus, but fast runs cost 10-12k. note you will pay for the sending and returning it back to canada.
if also you have a good relative in Lagos contact him, and send the finger print to him.
note: make sure tha the finger print appears very well. they due reject the stuff.

if you have any relative in Benin city let me know so that i can link you to the contact.....
A high and good police officer that i can do d stuff.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zico said:
I have obtained police certificate from Nigeria. I only sent the data page of my passport, passport photo and fingerprints. The finger print document was scanned to me. I sent N15K to the perosn that helped me for payment and logistics. It took one day.

Zico
Well, I had to pay £250.00 pounds (when they found out that I am in the UK)for the "FCUKING" thing and to the "FCUKING" guy's.

All in all , £65.00 quid for finger prints, plus expenses for the contact plus DHL posting. Almost ca. £350.00.

Naija Police should be ashamed of themselves. I think they should be reported, but to whom. The Naja High Commision/Embassy is no different.

No money, No contacts = No police cert. - Simple.

jay10

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Hi,

I am currently residing in UK and this is how I processed my PC from Naija. I sent full application form with fees to Nigerian High Commision, they processed it, and attached confirmation letter with receipt confirming my application. A letter was attached to it and addressed to the AIG at Alagbon Lagos to issue a PC. Prior to that, you will haev to obtain a finger print from your nearest police station (in my case i got one from UK).

After that, I sent the confirmation letter (note this also contained a copy of passport/visa page, and payment receipt) together with the finger print to a relative/friend with an authorisation letter instructing him to obtain a PC from Alagbon on my behalf.

As per naija way, he was not attended to on the first day and was asked to pay an additional 4k naira to aid the process.(the call this Naija processing fee/data search).

He returned the second day with the money and a PC was issued to him within minutes.......haha........naija and their search.......Please note,,,,,ur name on the certificate will be typed manually...........with a typewriter,,,,,,,haha........i luv naija.

So yes, use a frd/relative and incude the documents i mentioned above and you will get the PC within 2days.

All the best

fbf2006 said:
Hi,

Thanks.