+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerian applicants: LMIA work permit

Eche naija

Oct 27, 2020
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Lagos
Has anyone from Nigerian who applied for work permit (LMIA) received any update recently?

I applied in April 2020, no single update yet. Let us know.
I was thinking by now they would have started processing for LMIA.

Eche naija

Oct 27, 2020
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Lagos
What does your employer say?
I used an immigration agent, and they just said to be patient.
I raised gcms note earlier this year and nothing has been done on my file.
Raised webforms too, but get the generic covid response.

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
That could be a hold up depending on the province as VOs are looking at LMIAs and considering whether a Canadian or PR can do the job. COVID left millions out of work.
They could be looking at LMIAs but they are still processing.I know someone that got her medical request one year after submission...They delay is frustrating

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Given your NOC is in retail and retail was shut down for a year, and thousands out of work that may be the delay too.

Eche naija

Oct 27, 2020
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Lagos
Given your NOC is in retail and retail was shut down for a year, and thousands out of work that may be the delay too.
Yeah, makes sense.
Though someone who was also listed in my LMIA, but from another country was approved in January this year and has already resumed. I mean, we used same immigration agent and same job title.

Reactions: Ivanco

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Yeah, makes sense.
Though someone who was also listed in my LMIA, but from another country was approved in January this year and has already resumed. I mean, we used same immigration agent and same job title.
I know someone in the same lmia letter with me also but from a different country,she is already in canada and working...I wonder why people from Africa our own is always different, pls can we link up to know the way forward and sooo many people are saying that we should wait till they open borders first

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
I know someone in the same lmia letter with me also but from a different country,she is already in canada and working...I wonder why people from Africa our own is always different, pls can we link up to know the way forward and sooo many people are saying that we should wait till they open borders first
@Naturgrl pls what's your take on this

Rookie19

Dec 13, 2019
Hi. I'm presently awaiting LMIA approval. Please how far with your process? Im also using an agent. Please can you send me an email on rohindase@gmail.com. I'll like to speak with you. Thank you

Brigante

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hi. I'm presently awaiting LMIA approval. Please how far with your process? Im also using an agent. Please can you send me an email on rohindase@gmail.com. I'll like to speak with you. Thank you
Well the LMIA Process isn't really your issue, its the employers
What you need to receive is a Positive LMIA and a Job Offer & Contract from your employer before you can commence your WP applications.

I hope this helps.

Brigante

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
We do LMIA WORK PERMIT LETTER for those who are going to Canada WhatsApp's on +1 (856) 671-2996
Good Morning Guys,

While I appreciate the need to assist people, I don't think this platform is right for such advertisement, LMIA's are employers responsibilities,
If you say, you can assist people to find arranged employments with LMIA then that would be understandable but simply stating that you offer
LMIA doesn't say anything at all.

We need to be careful, Nigerians already have bad reputations all over the world, we should all do our best to prove that honest Nigerians still exist.