+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIC card is in Urdu (Pakistan)

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
I have recently got SINP OID nomination (Paper based). I have got PCC and they mentioned NIC number and issuance date on it. My NIC card is only in URDU not in dual language which was issued in 2011. In documents checklist for federal application submission they have asked to submit NIC card copy. So my question is that should I get new chip based English version NIC and submit it or should I go and submit old Urdu NIC and get its translation, true certified copy and affidavit. Your opinions would be highly appreciable.

Rashid Saeed

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi everyone,
I have recently got SINP OID nomination (Paper based). I have got PCC and they mentioned NIC number and issuance date on it. My NIC card is only in URDU not in dual language which was issued in 2011. In documents checklist for federal application submission they have asked to submit NIC card copy. So my question is that should I get new chip based English version NIC and submit it or should I go and submit old Urdu NIC and get its translation, true certified copy and affidavit. Your opinions would be highly appreciable.
Dear Atif.
AOA. Just attached true certified translation of NIC & Copy of Urdu NIC. Regards.

Rashid Saeed

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
WS. thanks for replying, do I need to attach affidavit as well? and who can translate NIC in Hyderabad Pakistan, do you have any idea ?
Dear Atif .
AOA. There is no need to attach affidavit. Just compose all colums take print & attested from Notary Public only. I am not from Hyderabad. You can take information from composer near to courts in Hyderabad.

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Dear Atif .
AOA. There is no need to attach affidavit. Just compose all colums take print & attested from Notary Public only. I am not from Hyderabad. You can take information from composer near to courts in Hyderabad.
Hi
but in instruction page it is clearly written. PFB information I coped from instruction page

Translation of documents
You must send the following for any document that is not in English or French, unless otherwise stated on your document checklist:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (see below for details); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.
Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language).

If the translation isn’t done by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, you must submit an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator. A certified translator will provide both a certified translation and certified copies of the original documents.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:

In Canada:

• a notary public
  • a commissioner of oaths
  • a commissioner of taking affidavits
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Consult your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside of Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to administer oaths varies by country. Consult your local authorities.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a person authorized to administer oaths in the country where the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified in Canada don’t need to supply an affidavit.

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

• “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
  • the name of the original document,
  • the date of the certification,
  • his or her name,
  • his or her official position or title, and
  • his or her signature.
Who can certify copies?
Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Check with your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to certify international documents varies by country. Check with your local authorities.

Rashid Saeed

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi
but in instruction page it is clearly written. PFB information I coped from instruction page

Translation of documents
You must send the following for any document that is not in English or French, unless otherwise stated on your document checklist:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (see below for details); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.
Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language).

If the translation isn’t done by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, you must submit an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator. A certified translator will provide both a certified translation and certified copies of the original documents.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:

In Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Consult your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside of Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to administer oaths varies by country. Consult your local authorities.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a person authorized to administer oaths in the country where the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified in Canada don’t need to supply an affidavit.

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

• “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
  • the name of the original document,
  • the date of the certification,
  • his or her name,
  • his or her official position or title, and
  • his or her signature.
Who can certify copies?
Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Check with your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to certify international documents varies by country. Check with your local authorities.
Dear Atif.
AOA. Dear visit to a notary public. They have all stamps that's are internationally acceptable. You can got information from district courts.