Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hi All,

I just paid my fees last week and wondering if someone could tell me what are the next steps. I read that people hand in their passports, but wonder if that is just for people outside Canada.

I have done medicals upfront and provided police checks for 2 countries I lived before coming to Canada.

Thanks!!

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
immigrantbee said:
Hi All,

I just paid my fees last week and wondering if someone could tell me what are the next steps. I read that people hand in their passports, but wonder if that is just for people outside Canada.

I have done medicals upfront and provided police checks for 2 countries I lived before coming to Canada.

Thanks!!
The next step depends on whether you're from a visa exempt country or not. If you are, your eCAS status will change to Decision Made and you'll receive COPR in the mail. If not, your eCAS will change to Decision Made and you'll get an email asking for you to submit your passport for stamping. Your passport will then be mailed back to you with your COPR.

I might have the order mixed up for the visa required country, but someone will be able to correct me if I got it wrong.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
adaytoremember said:
The next step depends on whether you're from a visa exempt country or not. If you are, your eCAS status will change to Decision Made and you'll receive COPR in the mail. If not, your eCAS will change to Decision Made and you'll get an email asking for you to submit your passport for stamping. Your passport will then be mailed back to you with your COPR.

I might have the order mixed up for the visa required country, but someone will be able to correct me if I got it wrong.
Thanks. I am from Spain, so I think I visa except (unless I am wrong). What about police checks? I have not submitted my police check for Canada because i was told they can check with me having to go get the document. Also does anyone know if they ask for new police checks if the ones you submitted expired. I submitted mine in 2015, so they're a year old by now.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
immigrantbee said:
Thanks. I am from Spain, so I think I visa except (unless I am wrong). What about police checks? I have not submitted my police check for Canada because i was told they can check with me having to go get the document. Also does anyone know if they ask for new police checks if the ones you submitted expired. I submitted mine in 2015, so they're a year old by now.
Correct, Spain is visa exempt (but now requires an eTA to travel to Canada, just like all of the old "visa exempt" countries). I did not submit a police check for Canada either and have not been asked for one. The generally accepted rule (it might be an actual rule, someone who knows a little more will be able to back me up) around here regarding expired police checks is that if you haven't visited that country since the issue date on the PCC, it should not expire.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
adaytoremember said:
Correct, Spain is visa exempt (but now requires an eTA to travel to Canada, just like all of the old "visa exempt" countries). I did not submit a police check for Canada either and have not been asked for one. The generally accepted rule (it might be an actual rule, someone who knows a little more will be able to back me up) around here regarding expired police checks is that if you haven't visited that country since the issue date on the PCC, it should not expire.
Thank you so much! I know about the eTA visa, but thankfully they won't ask for my passport. As per the PCC, yeah I just check with an immigration lawyer and he said I should be okay. I haven't left Canada since I applied for my PR, so we should be okay.

lau2014

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
05-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
adaytoremember said:
your eCAS status will change to Decision Made and you'll receive COPR in the mail.
how long do you think is gonna take? I paid on March, 24

lau2014

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
05-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
adaytoremember said:
Did you pay RPRF upfront or was it requested?
requested on March, 23

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Re:Decision made - but I can't see the decision online

Hi All,

I just checked my application status online and it says decision made, but when I click on the link, I only see a timeline of when my application was received and the documents I sent. So I am like, what is the decision? I paid fees a few weeks ago, so I am excepting it to be a yes, but you guys have a way to know? I am trying to phone immigration but I keep getting an automated message that the system is overloaded and they can't transfer me to an agent.