+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next Steps after PPR

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
I couldn’t find an answer. I was wondering if anyone could explain what the next steps are after sending PPR. Is that when we will receive pr card? My husband is already in Canada, will he be able to get his healthcare card and social insurance then as well?

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
After PPR is COPR - confirmation of permanent residence .. then landing (stamp/ verification by a border officer) the landing process triggers the printing of the card which comes in the mail after 3 weeks.
If your husband is already in Canada, cic will email him with a link to do a virtual COPR / landing. This will confirm that he’s officially a PR .. Then he can go ahead and use the document that will be sent to him via email to get healthcare, sn number etc while waiting for his PR card.

ddzel

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
After PPR is COPR - confirmation of permanent residence .. then landing (stamp/ verification by a border officer) the landing process triggers the printing of the card which comes in the mail after 3 weeks.
If your husband is already in Canada, cic will email him with a link to do a virtual COPR / landing. This will confirm that he’s officially a PR .. Then he can go ahead and use the document that will be sent to him via email to get healthcare, sn number etc while waiting for his PR card.
Thank you so much for the reply!

Reactions: taegee07