Pac_man

Star Member
Jan 1, 2017
London
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
Can anyone tell me from experience what the next step is after ITA submission? I know it can take up to 6mths etc... but i am interested to know what happens after you are accepted? do you get a visa? do you get a timeframe to travel to canada? is their more fees or paperwork to fill in?

Thanks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Pac_man said:
Can anyone tell me from experience what the next step is after ITA submission? I know it can take up to 6mths etc... but i am interested to know what happens after you are accepted? do you get a visa? do you get a timeframe to travel to canada? is their more fees or paperwork to fill in?

Thanks
After you get approved, you receive a PPR (Passport Request) from the Visa office. You send your passport for visa stamping. You get CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) and that letter is used to travel to Canada. There is a time frame during which you have to visit Canada after CoPR to complete the landing procedure.

If you do not pay the RPRF (Right to Permanent Residency Fee) along with your Application fee, then you need to pay it after your application is approved.

I think this is what happens after you submit eAPR. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: cool grumpy

Pac_man

Star Member
Jan 1, 2017
London
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
I have already paid all fees upfront.
So basically it is a waiting game on either being accepted or rejected....

And then after that the visa is issued > travel to Canada (presume all entrants on Application need to travel or is just primary applicant) > passport stamped > Job done?? Or is there another step to do in Canada

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting IELTS score, Pac_man. Usually Writing and Speaking sections are the hardest to get perfect scores on, with R and L being substantially easier. Kudos!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
gailmargolis said:
Interesting IELTS score, Pac_man. Usually Writing and Speaking sections are the hardest to get perfect scores on, with R and L being substantially easier. Kudos!
Congrats for your ITA! I remember you were quite anxious yesterday because of your EE profile status.

Pac_man

Star Member
Jan 1, 2017
London
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
gailmargolis said:
TBH - I done my IELTs hungover and I dont think i paid full attention in the R / L part of the exam. Plus i was probably a little too blasé with the whole IELTs thing.... Sometimes i wish i had put in a little more effort so i could have scored all 9's....But oh well...

Good luck with your ITA submission!

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
gailmargolis said:
Hey did you get your ITA? I remember you posting yesterday saying there was some issue with an update on your profile or something

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huckingfell said:
Hey did you get your ITA? I remember you posting yesterday saying there was some issue with an update on your profile or something
Yes I did, thanks for asking. I ended up reverting my profile (undoing the changes) and I guess that worked.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
After ITA submission, there a long and painful wait until you get a PPR.

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
xpressentry said:
Any idea what's the average time they take to send PPR, assuming everything we've submitted is in perfect order?
I have a hunch that it would take between 70-90 days after eAPR submission.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
madhouseontheshore said:
Any idea what's the average time they take to send PPR, assuming everything we've submitted is in perfect order?
I have a hunch that it would take between 70-90 days after eAPR submission.
Nobody can say for sure. application times vary

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
Long and painful is subjective. I submitted a US green card application in december that I know will probably not be adjudicated even in a year's time, given some recent and unfortunate delays. You just deal with it and go on with your life. Once you submit, what can you really do? This is different from waiting for an ITA and wondering whether you'll ever make the cutoff. Once you submit a PR application, you've done all you can, and it's time to just focus on living.