+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

next step after COPR

benzylamine

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello all,

I just want to ask a silly question. what should I do after getting COPR. I am in Canada. should I apply PR card?

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benzylamine said:
hello all,

I just want to ask a silly question. what should I do after getting COPR. I am in Canada. should I apply PR card?
Activate your CoPR first. Check this link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22)

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Thanks a lot for this information. This is basically the landing process?
M.Mostafa said:
Activate your CoPR first. Check this link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22)

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
I have a question here, somewhat related to the topic.

The scenario is that I would have already received my COPR. I plan to do flagpole for landing process, and apply for PR card.

Can I travel (international) immediately after applying for the PR card?

If yes, do I need any document to prove my status when I return from my travel to Canada?

Thank you

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ImmiToCanada said:
Thanks a lot for this information. This is basically the landing process?
Yes, landing is the common name of CoPR validation.

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DOD said:
I have a question here, somewhat related to the topic.

The scenario is that I would have already received my COPR. I plan to do flagpole for landing process, and apply for PR card.

Can I travel (international) immediately after applying for the PR card?

If yes, do I need any document to prove my status when I return from my travel to Canada?

Thank you
I think once you land, you have to have a PR card to enter again. You can ask a family member or a friend to receive it to their address then send it to you.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Follow the instruction that comes with the COPR, you dont have to go to the border.

benzylamine

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:
Follow the instruction that comes with the COPR, you dont have to go to the border.
I just do not want to make an appointment with IRCC, It would be faster for me to drive to US and return. it can avoid appointment.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can leaving Canada right away after you completed landing procedure, as you mentioned above, you need Permanent travel document in order to return to Canada without PR card, if by the time you still haven't received PR card.

benzylamine

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meya06 said:
You can leaving Canada right away after you completed landing procedure, as you mentioned above, you need Permanent travel document in order to return to Canada without PR card, if by the time you still haven't received PR card.
I think you misunderstand my meaning. the landing procedure could be finished in the boarder. so I am planning to Drive to US ( I have US visa) and then come back in the same day. I have all the legal documents.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
My friend's instruction was CIC emailed her for the schedule for her to come to the CIC office in downtown Vancouver for signing of the COPR.
If you don't want to come to their office then call them if you want to go to the border.

hddgtt

Apr 30, 2015
benzylamine said:
I think you misunderstand my meaning. the landing procedure could be finished in the boarder. so I am planning to Drive to US ( I have US visa) and then come back in the same day. I have all the legal documents.
I did just that a few months ago. You can drive to the border, and you don't even need to have a US visa neither you have to enter US. I told the US officer that i do no want to enter and that i'm flag poling. He gave me a document confirmed that i exited Canada and refused to go in US , then went with me, opened some gate and i was back in Canada.
Then i just told the Canadian officer that i have COPR and want to land. The whole procedure took not more then an hour.

benzylamine

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hddgtt said:
I did just that a few months ago. You can drive to the border, and you don't even need to have a US visa neither you have to enter US. I told the US officer that i do no want to enter and that i'm flag poling. He gave me a document confirmed that i exited Canada and refused to go in US , then went with me, opened some gate and i was back in Canada.
Then i just told the Canadian officer that i have COPR and want to land. The whole procedure took not more then an hour.
thank you very much.~~~really appreciate it.~