+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

newzealand refused will it effect canada student visa

gaurav shrivastav 25

Jan 10, 2018
I had student visa refused after my 12th in 2011 because of telephone interview. The main reason was lack of knowledge about course .After that i continue my study in india and done bsc nursing with good grades and 2 year full time experience .Now i got 7 band in ielts not less than 6 I want to apply for september 2019 intake. I lost my Newzealand refusal letter what can i do now when apply for canada student visa. Should i mention the detail of previous refusal or not.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - it's mandatory that you mention the NZ refusal.

Reactions: HenryVo

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But i not have the refusal letter now.
It doesn't matter - you still have to declare the refusal. If you have lost the refusal letter - then include whichever details you can remember. If you fail to declare it - you should expect that IRCC will discover this, refuse your application and ban you for 5 years for misrepresentation.

Reactions: HenryVo

Lovesandy

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
I had student visa refused after my 12th in 2011 because of telephone interview. The main reason was lack of knowledge about course .After that i continue my study in india and done bsc nursing with good grades and 2 year full time experience .Now i got 7 band in ielts not less than 6 I want to apply for september 2019 intake. I lost my Newzealand refusal letter what can i do now when apply for canada student visa. Should i mention the detail of previous refusal or not.
I am in same situation. Have you applied your canada student visa?? And did u mention about nz refusal

Reactions: Msbrar

gaurav shrivastav 25

Jan 10, 2018
I contact a agent in canada he said that for international students matter canada cross checked with other countries for a period of 7 year. Its 8 and half years now since my refusal. So he said that you do not need to mention it with your new profile.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I contact a agent in canada he said that for international students matter canada cross checked with other countries for a period of 7 year. Its 8 and half years now since my refusal. So he said that you do not need to mention it with your new profile.
Why do you want to hide it?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hide the refusal and risk the 5 year ban or declare the refusal and hope to get your permit. These are the only two choices you have I would opt for the latter but your life your choice.

Reactions: HenryVo and Immstu

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just because an agent says something does not make it fact as they do not work for Canada immigration and not really even for you but just for any fee.

Declare ALL refusals or accept the consequences either now with your study permit or later with any work permit or eventual PR application. At some point you are signing a statutory legal declaration that ALL information is true and these things always have a chance of coming out regardless of what an agent says and it is your future not the agents.

Having said all above this is just a public forum so you can take or leave the advice, your decision, your future given nobody here works for Canada immigration.

Last edited:

Rubabbrar20

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Hey .. i wanna tell you that refusal doesnot matter at all . I had refusal from usa 2 time and recently got my canda visa . Donot hide any details plz thats a request because you may face a ban of 5 years. Explain each and everything in details . All the best . And yes i ahve also done bsc nursing and have same score band in ielts . Go for it . . !

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
You must NOT hide it. If you hide it, you will be banned for 5 years from coming into Canada and that will affect all your future applications to any other country.

Even if you lost your refusal letter, still go and mention it. When you are refused, the refusal is stamped on your profile and recorded in their system. Canada is allowed to and will check your profile in other countries' systems (including New Zealand). So Canada will check your profile, see the refusal and see that you have lied in your application. Then you will be banned for 5 years due to misintepretation in your application.

Also, your refusal reason is nothing crazy, and it will not affect your Canada application when you mention it. So why hide it?
For reference, my sister got her visitor visa to New Zealand rejected, she mentioned it in her PR application to Canada, and now she is approved and got her Canadian PR.

So in conclusion, do NOT hide it.

Prabh123

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
You must NOT hide it. If you hide it, you will be banned for 5 years from coming into Canada and that will affect all your future applications to any other country.

Even if you lost your refusal letter, still go and mention it. When you are refused, the refusal is stamped on your profile and recorded in their system. Canada is allowed to and will check your profile in other countries' systems (including New Zealand). So Canada will check your profile, see the refusal and see that you have lied in your application. Then you will be banned for 5 years due to misintepretation in your application.

Also, your refusal reason is nothing crazy, and it will not affect your Canada application when you mention it. So why hide it?
For reference, my sister got her visitor visa to New Zealand rejected, she mentioned it in her PR application to Canada, and now she is approved and got her Canadian PR.

So in conclusion, do NOT hide it.
Even I have 2 refusals from NZ due to my partner was in NZ and there were some up n downs in our life. After that I got divorced from him. Now I have applied for student visa Canada after 2 years and working now in IT company. I have refusal of NZ visitor visa due to partnership issues. So I have declared it in visa application and also sop at least declared it but does not give more weightage to it. So what are the chances I will get visa as I m much stressed

Reactions: Msbrar

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Even I have 2 refusals from NZ due to my partner was in NZ and there were some up n downs in our life. After that I got divorced from him. Now I have applied for student visa Canada after 2 years and working now in IT company. I have refusal of NZ visitor visa due to partnership issues. So I have declared it in visa application and also sop at least declared it but does not give more weightage to it. So what are the chances I will get visa as I m much stressed

Never hide Visa Refusals !
I had a visa refusal , mentioned it , got my visa !

Gotta be truthful :)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Even in my CAIPS notes , I see the VO noted that I had mentioned about visa refusal, which does make the VO feel you're truthful :)