+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

News From My MP's Office

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Yes, I've gathered that much already. We received a request for additional information on October 30th, our AoR 1 on November 5th, and then all the hassle to actually get the additional information issue sorted out. It's been complete silence since then.
That happens, I got a PFL and had the same silence.

Eelhsa

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Ohio, United States of America
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
03/07/2018
Doc's Request.
31/10/2018
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05/11/2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15/03/2019
Med's Request
08/03/2019
Med's Done....
26/03/2019
That happens, I got a PFL and had the same silence.
Okay. I'm just so afraid that they are going to refuse my application to sponsor. The request for nonexistent tax information was the first red flag.

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
Yes, I've gathered that much already. We received a request for additional information on October 30th, our AoR 1 on November 5th, and then all the hassle to actually get the additional information issue sorted out. It's been complete silence since then.
Sounds familiar. They requested additional information from us on November 7 (same day we received the pre-arrival services letter).
I sent them additional proof that I (the sponsor) intend to relocate to Canada with my spouse later that same day. Or, at least, as much as I could... we aren't planning on moving until the summer so it's not like we have guaranteed jobs/housing lined up yet, just a well thought out plan and research.

Although we already knew our application was being processed in Mississauga, they sent us the official Mississauga letter at the end of November. Nothing since.

I have no idea if they want more "proof," or if everything is just sitting on someone's desk waiting to be reviewed again. Clearly I'm not in a hurry, but the silence over the last month has been stressful anyway.

Eelhsa

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
03/07/2018
Doc's Request.
31/10/2018
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05/11/2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15/03/2019
Med's Request
08/03/2019
Med's Done....
26/03/2019
Sounds familiar. They requested additional information from us on November 7 (same day we received the pre-arrival services letter).
I sent them additional proof that I (the sponsor) intend to relocate to Canada with my spouse later that same day. Or, at least, as much as I could... we aren't planning on moving until the summer so it's not like we have guaranteed jobs/housing lined up yet, just a well thought out plan and research.

Although we already knew our application was being processed in Mississauga, they sent us the official Mississauga letter at the end of November. Nothing since.

I have no idea if they want more "proof," or if everything is just sitting on someone's desk waiting to be reviewed again. Clearly I'm not in a hurry, but the silence over the last month has been stressful anyway.
Yeah, I can understand that. Have you been approved as a sponsor already?

Eelhsa

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
03/07/2018
Doc's Request.
31/10/2018
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05/11/2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15/03/2019
Med's Request
08/03/2019
Med's Done....
26/03/2019
Yes, they did that pretty early on, and then didn't ask for the additional proof until a month later.
Okay. I haven't even been approved as a sponsor yet. They sent the AoR 1 a month ago.

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
Okay. I haven't even been approved as a sponsor yet. They sent the AoR 1 a month ago.
That's bizarre. And the MP is definitely incorrect in saying that you can't live outside of Canada - you just need to relocate with your spouse.

As an aside, ECAS does show as Decision Made as of this morning, and my husband just received the passport request from CIC, so I guess what I sent them as proof was sufficient.

If I can help in any way, let me know!

Reactions: Eelhsa

Eelhsa

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
03/07/2018
Doc's Request.
31/10/2018
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05/11/2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15/03/2019
Med's Request
08/03/2019
Med's Done....
26/03/2019
That's bizarre. And the MP is definitely incorrect in saying that you can't live outside of Canada - you just need to relocate with your spouse.

As an aside, ECAS does show as Decision Made as of this morning, and my husband just received the passport request from CIC, so I guess what I sent them as proof was sufficient.

If I can help in any way, let me know!
It is bizarre! I wish I knew what is going on with our application. I just tried again yesterday to link it with my GC account, but I'm still getting the page with the message saying they can't find our application in the system. It's been beyond frustrating.

I'm really glad your application seems to be moving forward though! Thank you for your offer to help, I really appreciate it. :)

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Hey, my wife doesn't live in Canada - we live in Brazil - and she was approved! We just sent some letters of intention, her parents wrote a letter too stating that we would move to Canada as soon as the process is finished. Being outside Canada is not an argument to reject you as a sponsor

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
It is bizarre! I wish I knew what is going on with our application. I just tried again yesterday to link it with my GC account, but I'm still getting the page with the message saying they can't find our application in the system. It's been beyond frustrating.

I'm really glad your application seems to be moving forward though! Thank you for your offer to help, I really appreciate it. :)
I got locked out from too many login attempts 2-3 days in a row before I found the magic combination for GCKEY.

The biggest thing is making sure the # of applicants at the bottom is at least 2. This seems counter intuitive if your spouse is the only applicant, but they count the sponsor. If there are dependents, add them on. I even tried 3 a few times because we have a daughter (dual citizen like me) but she didn't count - our number was 2. lol

We lucked out with his passport info... it never did accept his city/country of birth.

Use the Application Number & UCI option. That way there's nothing subjective about it - it has to be those two numbers. The Applicant's UCI, specifically, not the Sponsor's UCI.

You can input the sponsor info into ECAS in the meantime (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do ). It's less detailed but updates a little quicker than GCKEY.

Reactions: Eelhsa

Eelhsa

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
03/07/2018
Doc's Request.
31/10/2018
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05/11/2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15/03/2019
Med's Request
08/03/2019
Med's Done....
26/03/2019
Hey, my wife doesn't live in Canada - we live in Brazil - and she was approved! We just sent some letters of intention, her parents wrote a letter too stating that we would move to Canada as soon as the process is finished. Being outside Canada is not an argument to reject you as a sponsor
Yes, I did figure that. We included everything you mentioned, along with my bank account info and proof of a recent trip to Canada. I wonder why you were approved so easily and we have had significant issues? Frustrating.

Reactions: Lobato

Eelhsa

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
03/07/2018
Doc's Request.
31/10/2018
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05/11/2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15/03/2019
Med's Request
08/03/2019
Med's Done....
26/03/2019
I got locked out from too many login attempts 2-3 days in a row before I found the magic combination for GCKEY.

The biggest thing is making sure the # of applicants at the bottom is at least 2. This seems counter intuitive if your spouse is the only applicant, but they count the sponsor. If there are dependents, add them on. I even tried 3 a few times because we have a daughter (dual citizen like me) but she didn't count - our number was 2. lol

We lucked out with his passport info... it never did accept his city/country of birth.

Use the Application Number & UCI option. That way there's nothing subjective about it - it has to be those two numbers. The Applicant's UCI, specifically, not the Sponsor's UCI.

You can input the sponsor info into ECAS in the meantime (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do ). It's less detailed but updates a little quicker than GCKEY.
Okay, thank you. I have tried some of that. I may try again.

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Yes, I did figure that. We included everything you mentioned, along with my bank account info and proof of a recent trip to Canada. I wonder why you were approved so easily and we have had significant issues? Frustrating.
That's very frustrating for sure. I think the entire process is somewhat frustrating. When you think your application might go a little faster, something happens and you stay a couple months with no messages whatsoever. My last message was from November 14, when IRCC transferred my file to Mexico VO :(

Eelhsa

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
03/07/2018
Doc's Request.
31/10/2018
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05/11/2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15/03/2019
Med's Request
08/03/2019
Med's Done....
26/03/2019
That's very frustrating for sure. I think the entire process is somewhat frustrating. When you think your application might go a little faster, something happens and you stay a couple months with no messages whatsoever. My last message was from November 14, when IRCC transferred my file to Mexico VO :(
Very frustrating! We STILL haven’t heard a thing more. How about you?

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Very frustrating! We STILL haven’t heard a thing more. How about you?
The only update I have is that I receive the AOR2 from Mexico VO past week. Other than that, no updates, no news and nooo idea about when this process is going to be finished.

It is insane that you don't have any updates until now... This process is nerve-wrecking and so frustrating!! Did you order GCMS notes?

Hope that you have some news soon! Fingers crossed!!