+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEWLY WED Spousal Sponsorship

Nina1318

Nov 18, 2018
good day everyone! I just got here in Canada last October 6, 2018 thru my mom sponsoring the whole family via live-in caregiver program. I am already a PR here and just waiting for our IDs.

My boyfriend for 4 years and fiance will be married this August 2019 and I will be going home back in the Philippines on July to do the preparations. And will return back here in Canada by the end or frst week of September since I have already work to come back here.

My question is:

1. Can I sponsor my soon-to-be spouse by then when I come back here in Canada?( I would be 1-year old as PR and a month old as a married woman.) will the number of years as PR here and as being Married matter?

2. I am planning to study and After Degree program and if ill be accepted, Ill be a full time student that means my work hours will be lower. Will I still be eligible if ever I will have lesser hours of work?

3. I am planning to loan to thw government for the tuition fees. Would that affect my application?

PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
1. It won't matter, you don't have to worry.

2. If you're sponsoring your spouse only, without any dependents, there's no minimum requirements in terms of how much you must be making. You just have to be able to explain how you will support the both of you.

3. No.

Nina1318

Nov 18, 2018
1. It won't matter, you don't have to worry.

2. If you're sponsoring your spouse only, without any dependents, there's no minimum requirements in terms of how much you must be making. You just have to be able to explain how you will support the both of you.

3. No.
Thank you so much! ☺

Krisdan

Oct 5, 2018
Additional question. Do I need to update my marital statius first in my ids (PR card and Passport) nefore applying?
You don't have to unless you want the name change to be reflected on your IDs and passport - it may take some time to get them back with the new change. In my situation, my wife wanted to update everything before applying to make sure no issues arise and cut down on the explanation letters. My two cents :)

Reactions: Nina1318

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Additional question. Do I need to update my marital statius first in my ids (PR card and Passport) nefore applying?
No. If you choose to change your IDs while the app is processing, you can just update IRCC. It will not affect the app.

Nina1318

Nov 18, 2018
You don't have to unless you want the name change to be reflected on your IDs and passport - it may take some time to get them back with the new change. In my situation, my wife wanted to update everything before applying to make sure no issues arise and cut down on the explanation letters. My two cents :)
Thanks for this! So I believe you had to wait for ur passport and Pr card to be back before applying right? So how long did you wait? In my case I really want to get mu husband as quickly as I can so if there is no problem, then much better!! ☺☺