+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newly landed - Finding a Condo without credit score or job

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi there,

I am looking at 2 bedroom apartments in the Core of Toronto for 1 year leases, and I see a lot of listings where landlords want to see payslips or credit score.

As newly landed from Denmark, what can I do to help my chances of a landlord accepting me as a tenant? Off the top of my head I can think of paying 3 or 6 months up front, references from my employer in Denmark, and proof that I own real estate in Denmark.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

I am looking at 2 bedroom apartments in the Core of Toronto for 1 year leases, and I see a lot of listings where landlords want to see payslips or credit score.

As newly landed from Denmark, what can I do to help my chances of a landlord accepting me as a tenant? Off the top of my head I can think of paying 3 or 6 months up front, references from my employer in Denmark, and proof that I own real estate in Denmark.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Some ask for proof that you have good savings. Paying for multiple months in advance seems to be standard in the conditions. Given the current economic conditions landlord may also be concerned since there is likely going to be a hiring freeze in many industries for months.