+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newborn Sponsorship

S1dra

Feb 13, 2022
Hi everybody,

My newborn's TRV got rejected twice, the recent one being 3 days ago.

The rest of my family got our PR in late 2019. However, our migration to Canada was postponed due to my high-risk pregnancy and Covid restrictions. So we waited until March 2021( as per the immigration counsellor's advice) to apply for my newborn's TRV. The processing time suddenly increased to 6 months. Since my son’s 1st year of university was going to start in September, my husband, my son and my daughter (17 years old) went to Canada while I stayed with my newborn.

My husband got my two kids settled in Canada and came back in September to take care of me and my newborn. We made an appeal with our lawyer stating how our family became separated due to this issue and how my daughter, who is still a minor, is living in Canada without me, her mom. Shortly after, my newborn's TRV got rejected in December.

So, we applied for my newborn’s TRV again and it got rejected again. After talking to immigration counsellors, they all proclaim to apply for sponsorship. However, I have to stay in Canada at least 6-8 months to do that... This is honestly unfair and unethical. I honestly don't know whom I can trust my newborn with for 6 months and how can I live without her...

Any advice would be appreciated.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Hi everybody,

The rest of my family got our PR in late 2019. However, our migration to Canada was postponed due to my high-risk pregnancy and Covid restrictions. So we waited until March 2021( as per the immigration counsellor's advice) to apply for my newborn's TRV. The processing time suddenly increased to 6 months. Since my son’s 1st year of university was going to start in September, my husband, my son and my daughter (17 years old) went to Canada while I stayed with my newborn.

My husband got my two kids settled in Canada and came back in September to take care of me and my newborn. We made an appeal with our lawyer stating how our family became separated due to this issue and how my daughter, who is still a minor, is living in Canada without me, her mom. Shortly after, my newborn's TRV got rejected in December.

So, we applied for my newborn’s TRV again and it got rejected again. After talking to immigration counsellors, they all proclaim to apply for sponsorship. However, I have to stay in Canada at least 6-8 months to do that... This is honestly unfair and unethical. I honestly don't know whom I can trust my newborn with for 6 months and how can I live without her...

Have your husband go back to Canada and apply to sponsor the baby. I'm wondering if your case that your minor child in Canada needed you there was weakened by the fact that your husband left her in Canada - you were using the argument that your baby needed a trv so daughter had a parent with her while having just voluntarily had the other parent leave her (presumably in the care of someone). Perhaps it would be worth it to try reapplying for the trv after your husband has returned to Canada and started the pr application for the baby. You definitely need him to start the PR application ASAP though so that you don't run into an issue of you not having landed in Canada and started your residency obligation since if your PR was approved in 2019 you'll be running up against the residency obligation clock sometime this year

Reactions: armoured

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You definitely need him to start the PR application ASAP though so that you don't run into an issue of you not having landed in Canada and started your residency obligation since if your PR was approved in 2019 you'll be running up against the residency obligation clock sometime this year
There would be Residency Obligation check if one or both parent send the child's sponsorship application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everybody,

There's no work-around. You can remain in your home country with your child when your husband moves to Canada and applies to sponsor your child. Both parents do not have to be living in Canada, only one.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Hi everybody,

I just reread this time line and wanted to check something. Was the baby born after you received your paperwork to enter Canada as PRs but before any of you landed in Canada as PRs? If so part of the problem might be that you should have updated ircc that there was a new family member and sponsored your baby then. I think not declaring an addition to the family before landing leads to some MAJOR issues which might be part of the trv rejection

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When did you and your spouse land in Canada? How much time have you both spent in Canada? Think your ROs may be a factor in approval. It looks like you may not be compliant with your RO during the sponsorship process. Unless you were already pregnant you could have moved to Canada and then gotten pregnant. You would have had access to doctors in Canada if you had a high risk pregnancy. Looks like your family could have all moved together in 2019 but chose not to. Ot looks like the move to Canada was primarily done to allow your older children to attend school. Your daughter could have remained with you in India until you and your daughter could leave India or your husband could have remained in Canada with the children while sponsoring your baby. Not having a parent present for your children in Canada was a personal choice. You both could have remained with one group of children. It would be a good idea for your husband to return to Canada so at least one parent remains compliant with their RO. It would also be a good idea for him to find employment in Canada to prove that your family can support your baby/family without government support. If your husband applied for a health card he is likely not entitled to a health card or access to healthcare because he won’t be able to meet the residency obligation needed to qualify for healthcare in addition to a valid health card. He will need to reapply when he moves to Canada permanently.

Last edited:

S1dra

Feb 13, 2022
I just reread this time line and wanted to check something. Was the baby born after you received your paperwork to enter Canada as PRs but before any of you landed in Canada as PRs? If so part of the problem might be that you should have updated ircc that there was a new family member and sponsored your baby then. I think not declaring an addition to the family before landing leads to some MAJOR issues which might be part of the trv rejection
Yes, she was born after we received our PR and after we landed in Canada in 2019, where we stayed for a month. Then, we went to our home country to sort our belongings so we can permanently move to Canada.

S1dra

Feb 13, 2022
When did you and your spouse land in Canada? How much time have you both spent in Canada? Think your ROs may be a factor in approval. It looks like you may not be compliant with your RO during the sponsorship process. Unless you were already pregnant you could have moved to Canada and then gotten pregnant. You would have had access to doctors in Canada if you had a high risk pregnancy.
We landed in late 2019 and spent a month there. I got pregnant after coming from Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We landed in late 2019 and spent a month there. I got pregnant after coming from Canada.
When exactly did you land and did your husband only spend 30 days in Canada as well? How many days did he spend in Canada this fall? 730 days in 5 years is calculated based on your landing date not your PR card expiry date. If sponsorship takes 6-12 months you both could not meet your ROs by the time your child is scheduled to be sponsored.

Reactions: YVR123

Amit_Gupta

May 23, 2022
I want to know the different options to bring back Canada to the newborn from India.

Currently, we are PR holders and staying in Canada. My wife is planning to travel to India to deliver the baby. We wanted to know the approx time in processing to return with a newborn in Canada.

Also, will that newborn stay in Canada ( more than 6 months) after filing a family-based sponsorship and waiting for the result from IRCC?