+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newborn post ITA question regarding passport

Ram2017

Jan 23, 2017
Hello,

We have our newborn which we would like to add to our application.

1. Received ITA on Jan 11th.
2. Applied for passport on March 31st.
3. Deadline to submit all docs is April 11th.

The issue is in the ID documents sections, it asks does your son as passport. Should I answer NO? and To the following question does he have any government ID. Should I answer No.
Logical answer should be NO but the application is incomplete. It doesn't show green tick. And if I say that I have passport I will be providing false information.

Should I remove him from the application right now until I receive the passport?

If I remove him now from the application then won't I be providing false information to CIC regarding whether we have children or not.

Thanks,

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Ram2017 said:
Hello,

The issue is in the ID documents sections, it asks does your son as passport. Should I answer NO? and To the following question does he have any government ID. Should I answer No.
Logical answer should be NO but the application is incomplete. It doesn't show green tick. And if I say that I have passport I will be providing false information.

Should I remove him from the application right now until I receive the passport?

If I remove him now from the application then won't I be providing false information to CIC regarding whether we have children or not.

Thanks,
If you applied for a passport under tatkal scheme, you should be getting it in a week. You can wait for the passport to arrive and then fill your profile.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ram2017 said:
Hello,

Thanks,
Alright, I have to answer this. Keep him in the application and get his upfront medical too ! You must have birth certificate or some official document, use information from that to complete all the entries. Use LOE to your advantage to let them know what you did with his id requirements. On ce you have passport send cSE to get his info corrected. Good lucck

Jibihi

Jan 13, 2019
Hello,

Thanks,
Hello what did you do eventually with your situation. I am in the same situation right now. kindly reply. Thank you