+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newborn Citizenship Certificate Photos

medic.

Aug 5, 2019
Hey there,
I have seen that newborns need professional photos done including a photographer stamp and a guarantor statement. I was under the impression that we could take the photos at home and print them to the specifications at say a CVS/Walmart. Am I missing something? I have completed everything else except for the photos to send off the application. My twin girls were born 1/26/20 and I'd like to get them their certificate soon. Thanks!

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
I was under the impression that we could take the photos at home and print them to the specifications at say a CVS/Walmart.
I don't think this would be acceptable because they want someone unbiased to verify the identity of the person in the photo, and to confirm that the photo is untouched. Just give the photo requirements to the photographer/studio and have them follow it to minimize the chance of the applications being sent back for non-compliance.

medic.

Aug 5, 2019
I didn't want to clutter with a new thread...

My girls are 3 months old now and my last step in the process is a guarantor. We are in the US and don't have anyone in Canada or with a Canadian passport here that has met them.

Who can be their guarantor?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I didn't want to clutter with a new thread...

My girls are 3 months old now and my last step in the process is a guarantor. We are in the US and don't have anyone in Canada or with a Canadian passport here that has met them.

Who can be their guarantor?
not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but it mentions what to do if you cannot find a guarantor.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

medic.

Aug 5, 2019
Unfortunately not. It mentions the basic guarantor requirements must be met for an application outside Canada. No one knows the girls that is Canadian, but plenty of US people could attest. But the requirements are specific about the person needing to have a 5/10 year Canadian passport to qualify.