Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
Hey guys

Need your help please.

My child was born in his home country 2 months back.

My family has to move to Canada to satisfy residency obligations. I applied for his (2 months old child) TRV which was rejected.

I now want to apply for TRP. Can someone tell me how to apply. In the TRP section there is a link for TRV and not TRP. I already applied for TRV but got denial today. Should i again go for TRV as in the TRP section the only link is of TRV.

I am presently in Canada, however my wife can't move to Canada because of the new born but she will have to in April to satisfy RO.

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hey guys

Need your help please.

My child was born in his home country 2 months back.

My family has to move to Canada to satisfy residency obligations. I applied for his (2 months old child) TRV which was rejected.

I now want to apply for TRP. Can someone tell me how to apply. In the TRP section there is a link for TRV and not TRP. I already applied for TRV but got denial today. Should i again go for TRV as in the TRP section the only link is of TRV.

I am presently in Canada, however my wife can't move to Canada because of the new born but she will have to in April to satisfy RO.
Hi There,
I think you should do the following:

1. You will apply for sponsorship for your child for PR, while you are in CANADA,
2. Once you get the sponsor approval for your child, which means that you are eligible to sponsor the child, you will get an AOR with a file number,
3. You can then resubmit the TRV, stating that the child is with the mother and mother needs to fulfill her Residency obligation, that they grant you a TRV, in all likelihood, they would consider and grant the TRV, to the child.

Hope this helps.

Regards

singh_in_ca

Aug 8, 2020
Hi,

I am in the same situation. Me and my wife are PR, while my son born in home country is not. His TRV has been denied.
How can he travel with me to Canada?

Kind Regards,
Singh

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
Hi,

I am in the same situation. Me and my wife are PR, while my son born in home country is not. His TRV has been denied.

Kind Regards,
Singh
Hi Singh

Yes they should allow you. Reapply for TRV stating that the child is with the mother and mother needs to fulfill her Residency obligation.

Also mention that it will be undue hardship for your child to stay alone in your home country while his parents are in Canada. In you application ask them to give you a Temporary Resident Permit "TRP".

Hopefully they will grant you a TRP.

Let me know if you want any other help.

Regards
Syed Muhammad Fahad

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi,

Kind Regards,
Singh
So maybe share what reasons were given for the refusal

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
So maybe share what reasons were given for the refusal
That he will not come here temporarily.. what reason was provided to you for refusal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That he will not come here temporarily.. what reason was provided to you for refusal?
That is true, the baby isn’t a temporary visitor. There isn’t much consistency when it comes to these approvals. Some get denied and some get approved. Usually the father goes ahead and sponsors the child and the mother may not meet her RO but usually still has a valid PR card so can fly to Canada.

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
Yes that is the right approach.

singh_in_ca

Aug 8, 2020
Hi Singh

Yes they should allow you. Reapply for TRV stating that the child is with the mother and mother needs to fulfill her Residency obligation.

Also mention that it will be undue hardship for your child to stay alone in your home country while his parents are in Canada. In you application ask them to give you a Temporary Resident Permit "TRP".

Hopefully they will grant you a TRP.

Let me know if you want any other help.

Regards
Syed Muhammad Fahad
Thanks for your quick response, Syed.
If I understand correctly, the process to request TRP is also through a TRV application, only I have to put in additional documentation detailing the reasons like you mentioned.
Also, if they approve the TRP, I have to apply the fees in addition to the TRV. Is this correct?

Thanks again!

singh_in_ca

Aug 8, 2020
Yes that is correct.

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
Hi Singh

Yes that is correct. The fees for TRP is $200. This is in addition to the normal TRV fees.

Hope this helps!

singh_in_ca

Aug 8, 2020
Hi Singh

Yes that is correct. The fees for TRP is $200. This is in addition to the normal TRV fees.

Hope this helps!
Thanks.

Did you also go through the TRP route? How long did it take to get the TRP?

There was another suggestion to apply for PR and wait for AOR? I believe that would take longer.

Thanks again!

Kind Regards,
Singh

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
Hi

Yes I went through TRP Route. It was fairly quick. Didn't take much long. Within a month I guess.

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Best thing is apply for PR Sponsorship, after AOR apply for TRV, then they would apply Dual Intent rule, it would be easy to get TRV, at that point, getting TRV without applying for PR sponsorship, will be a tough nut to crack.

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
The only problem with this route is that one of them has to be in Canada to apply for PR sponsorship.