+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newbie with Interest for Immigration to Canada

herohonda777

Sep 7, 2017
Hi all

Honda here, how are you all doing?

So glad I found I this place so much valuable information.

Right then onto the work part

Me and my wife and out baby daughter are looking to make the big step to move over to British Columbia and have scored 445 on the CRS for express entry.

We have not filed the application since we want to apply in January next year this is due to the timeline we want to achieve with selling a property here in the UK.

What I wanted to ask was is it risky to wait till Jan to apply ? and also what is a average time line to receive PR ? And after the PR is received how long do we have to sort things out here before we move out ?

Thanks all : )

Dscn28

Aug 28, 2017
Hi,

You should apply when you feel it is best for you. We are already in september, i believe sometime in this fall the immigration targets for 2018 will be announced hence you can have a better idea of your chances but with your CRS score i wouldnt worry.

There is no average timeline however the maximim time set is 6 months. Some people receive their PPR quicker some take the full six months.

The visa deadline will match either the end of your medicals validity (12 months) or the expiry of your passport whichever is nearer. Medicals should ideally be taken once you receive an ITA.

Best of luck

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
It's probably better to apply now while you are above the minimum score if you want a chance at ITA. You never know what would be the minimum score later on.

Even though you have a timeline about selling your property, and let's say you get your PR very quick, you can always land first to activate the PR, and then go back. Or you can just stay in Canada while your wife stays in your country to deal with the property. Either way, one of you can stay behind to deal with the property once you activate the PR and while waiting for the PR cards.

Pac_man

Star Member
Jan 1, 2017
London
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
Hi all

Me and my wife and out baby daughter are looking to make the big step to move over to British Columbia and have scored 445 on the CRS for express entry.

We have not filed the application since we want to apply in January next year this is due to the timeline we want to achieve with selling a property here in the UK.

What I wanted to ask was is it risky to wait till Jan to apply ? and also what is a average time line to receive PR ? And after the PR is received how long do we have to sort things out here before we move out ?

If you read my timeline you will see approx timescaes from ITA to PPR - In my case 8months.
From date of Application submission [April] to PPR [Aug] was around 5 months

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi all

Obtaining PR (assuming your application doesn't get rejected) takes anywhere from approximately 4.5 months to about 1.5 years from the point of registering for IELTS/CELPIP and requesting an educational credential assessment (ECA) to PPR (request for passport to give you your permanent residency visa).

I would recommend you apply now (your CRS Score is currently in the ideal range but you never know what could happen come January). If you're going to get PR, and apply from now, you likely wouldn't be get it until January anyway.

And as other respondents are saying, you could always land and then go back to the UK to complete whatever activities need to be completed (including selling your property), then move permanently afterwards.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi all

Apply NOW. There was a time when crs 445 wouldnt dream of getting an invitation. Takes time to sort out your file before applying, then you are looking at 1 month to who knows in processing time. Once PR is in hand, you can always do a soft landing and move for good when ready.
Good luck

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
You should at least create your profile first. If you're invited to apply, you can decide to submit your application or decline it. Declining it will put yourself back into the pool and wait for the next draw. Your profile will remain active for 1 year. When you decide to submit your application, you and your family have to do an upfront medical check up. Your medical record will last year and your PR visa will allow to land before it expires. That means even you get an "ITA- invitation to apply" and apply in September 2017, your PR visa will not expire until September 2018. Therefore, you will have plenty of time to sell your house. In general, the application process takes less than 6 months. A lot of people (Federal Skilled Worker) got it in 2-3 months time. Good Luck.

Reactions: herohonda777

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Apply as soon as possible. You stand a good chance of receiving an ITA with 445 points at the moment. No one knows for sure what might happen 3 months from now.

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
If you want to wait to apply in January I think that since you will have 90 days from the moment you get the ITA to submit your application you could create your profile by the end of September/beginning of October and then send your complete application by the end of December/beginning of January just to secure an ITA. If then you are still not ready to apply you can always decline the ITA and enter the pool again later.

herohonda777

Sep 7, 2017
Thanks guys you have made life very easy with your comments!

I am about to start a new job here in the UK it's the same network engineer job but with another company I wanted to know with the employment proof they ask for in the main application will they want a reference from the old employer or the new one ? And does it matter I'm going into a new job now before applying? I still have 5 plus years experience in the same role!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks guys you have made life very easy with your comments!

I am about to start a new job here in the UK it's the same network engineer job but with another company I wanted to know with the employment proof they ask for in the main application will they want a reference from the old employer or the new one ? And does it matter I'm going into a new job now before applying? I still have 5 plus years experience in the same role!
it has been answered before, you only need reference letters for jobs you're claiming points for. since you just started you can leave it out of work history and add it to personal history with no need for a reference letter

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
The best time is NOW. We don't know what the future holds. Scores change. Rules change. Anything can happen. They have been changing or modifying rules every single year and you cannot predict the future.