+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newbie Questions - The Process & Steps, Outland.

ComingHome

May 7, 2019
I have a few more questions and these ones are actually form based questions. I will do my best to include as much detail as possible.

Form imm1334e - Question 9 - Have you previously been married or in a common-law relationship?

The answer to this is yes. I was once married, but we were together in a common-law relationship for 7 years prior to being married. There is a to and from date on this and this is where I get confused. I suppose my question is, with selecting married on this question, do I put the date of our marriage and the day that we separated? The reason I ask is that though we were living separate for three years and some change, our divorce was finalised three years after our separation.

Also, in regards to this question, do I just put the married info or common-law info as well?

Form imm5532e - Question 7 - Previous Relationships - Have you ever been married or in a common-law relationship with another person?

I know the answer is yes, but again, like my previous question what should I put? The start of our common-law relationship to the end of our relationship, or the start of our marriage to the date of separation?

Just for context, my ex and I began dating in May 2004, we moved in together in 2007 so we became common-law in 2008. In May 2014 we were married and we separated in January 2015.

Hopefully the dates help sort it. Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I have a few more questions and these ones are actually form based questions. I will do my best to include as much detail as possible.

Form imm1334e - Question 9 - Have you previously been married or in a common-law relationship?

The answer to this is yes. I was once married, but we were together in a common-law relationship for 7 years prior to being married. There is a to and from date on this and this is where I get confused. I suppose my question is, with selecting married on this question, do I put the date of our marriage and the day that we separated? The reason I ask is that though we were living separate for three years and some change, our divorce was finalised three years after our separation.

Also, in regards to this question, do I just put the married info or common-law info as well?

Form imm5532e - Question 7 - Previous Relationships - Have you ever been married or in a common-law relationship with another person?

I know the answer is yes, but again, like my previous question what should I put? The start of our common-law relationship to the end of our relationship, or the start of our marriage to the date of separation?

Just for context, my ex and I began dating in May 2004, we moved in together in 2007 so we became common-law in 2008. In May 2014 we were married and we separated in January 2015.

Hopefully the dates help sort it. Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.
@canuck_in_uk , @scylla or @kcward7 please do guide.

Reactions: ComingHome

Yuba

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
HI, i know this is an old thread - but would like to clarify on 1 item above on the AOR1. I am the PA residing in Malaysia and my husband (Sponsor) is a Canadian citizen. Sent my application to the Sydney office. Wanted to know if the sydney will be reviewing my application or will they send it to the Local PA office which is Singapore?

Ohdontyousee

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Visa Office......
London
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-6-2019
File Transfer...
12-12-2019
HI, i know this is an old thread - but would like to clarify on 1 item above on the AOR1. I am the PA residing in Malaysia and my husband (Sponsor) is a Canadian citizen. Sent my application to the Sydney office. Wanted to know if the sydney will be reviewing my application or will they send it to the Local PA office which is Singapore?
The first. File transfer comes later