+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newbie question

z0mmer

Jan 8, 2014
Hello everyone! :)

I am a new here. Don't judge for stupid questions. I am an international student in USA (male, 25 y/o, single) and I am considering immigration to Canada. What are the ways for immigration? Where I can find information about immigration? I heard that different regions of Canada have different immigration policy, which region is better for immigration?
I also heard that it is possible to file a petition for citizenship and then just wait you will be called, could you please give me information about it.

Thank you in advance ::)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can find details about Canada's various immigration programs below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

You can also try the online quiz here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

How it is best to apply depends on your occupation, what experience you have, if you have a job offer in Canada and other similar criteria. I would encourage you to read through the programs in detail to see which you might qualify for.

It is only possible to file a petition for citizenship if you have a claim to citizenship (e.g. one of your parents was born in Canada). Otherwise you have to become a permanent resident first. Then after you have lived some time in Canada, you will qualify for citizenship.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also look into studying in Canada. If you take a course of at least 2 years, you can get an open work permit for 3 years after graduation. Some provinces (SK) may allow you to apply for PR after graduating and working a certain number of hours at any job. The federal system also has an immigration class called Canadian experience which would allow you to apply for PR after working a skilled job full time for one year.