+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newbie ! Please help with CRS scores

Mary-SK

Apr 18, 2018
Hi Team,

I have been researching Canada PR visa express entry process for several days hours together.

But the more I read the more depressed I am becoming whether I wont be given an ITA. So please help me !

I am pretty good with my English skills, but not sure if that is enough for a 9 band. So if I hit 7(Spouse 7 as well).

I have bachelors degree with 5 years experience in India(Spouse as well). No relatives/work/education in Canada. So with this my score looks more to be 350+ CRS :( . Please tell me if I would have a chance for the PR. Am I calculating wrong?

IS PNP MY ONLY LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL ??

If so which province is open now for people who does not have job. Teach me to learn how to check it and I'll do it on my own instead of bothering you all ;)

PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY DREAM COUNTRY ! :(:(:(:(:(

Mary-SK

Apr 18, 2018
What points calculator are you using?

Use the real one here, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

You’ll have to guess your English scores and ECA results, but if you’re creating an EE profile you’ll need these so starts getting them ready.
Hey,

My first response :):):)
Thanks for the response, I did use this tool first but it does not give a score. But did say I am eligible to apply.

The tool I used is
https://www.nationwidevisas.com/crs-tools-report/#wpcf7-f4426-p2968-o1

But I don't want to be just eligible but want a sure shot path to get the PR.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hey,

My first response :):):)
Thanks for the response, I did use this tool first but it does not give a score. But did say I am eligible to apply.

The tool I used is
https://www.nationwidevisas.com/crs-tools-report/#wpcf7-f4426-p2968-o1

But I don't want to be just eligible but want a sure shot path to get the PR.
You used an unofficial calculator from an immigration agency that tells you you're eligible so that you'll sign up with them.

The previous link will give you an estimated score. To get a sure-shot ITA, your score has to meet the CRS score cutoff, which I believe is currently around 450+. If your score won't meet that, you'll have to find other ways to get additional points, like a PNP.

Reactions: Mary-SK and scylla

Mary-SK

Apr 18, 2018
You used an unofficial calculator from an immigration agency that tells you you're eligible so that you'll sign up with them.

The previous link will give you an estimated score. To get a sure-shot ITA, your score has to meet the CRS score cutoff, which I believe is currently around 450+. If your score won't meet that, you'll have to find other ways to get additional points, like a PNP.
Thank you so much, my bad I confused with another tool in CIC. This tool is in deed best.

So back to my original question,

I am pretty good with my English skills, but not sure if that is enough for a 9 band. So if I hit 7(Spouse 7 as well).

I have bachelors degree with 5 years experience in India(Spouse as well). No relatives/work/education in Canada. So with this my score looks more to be 350+ CRS :( . Please tell me if I would have a chance for the PR. Am I calculating wrong?

If so which province is open now for people who does not have job. Teach me to learn how to check it and I'll do it on my own instead of bothering you all ;)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you so much, my bad I confused with another tool in CIC. This tool is in deed best.

So back to my original question,

You can look at sample tests online or go to review classes.

No, it looks about right. General profile for foreign workers who get 430+ CRS would be masters/PhD graduates with CLB 9-10 English, at least 3 years work experience, in their 20s.
Do your best to reach CLB 9 to get the points for skill transferability.

Teach me to learn how to check it and I'll do it on my own instead of bothering you all ;)
This forum and Google.

If so which province is open now for people who does not have job.
I'm not updated anymore, so you'll have to keep yourself posted. This forum is a great resource; it's how I got my PNP.
When PNPs without job offers open up, they get snapped up really fast, so you already have to have all your documents prepared.
2282 is an IT NOC and generally has good chances for nomination.

Reactions: Mary-SK

Mary-SK

Apr 18, 2018
You can look at sample tests online or go to review classes.

No, it looks about right. General profile for foreign workers who get 430+ CRS would be masters/PhD graduates with CLB 9-10 English, at least 3 years work experience, in their 20s.
Do your best to reach CLB 9 to get the points for skill transferability.

This forum and Google.

I'm not updated anymore, so you'll have to keep yourself posted. This forum is a great resource; it's how I got my PNP.
When PNPs without job offers open up, they get snapped up really fast, so you already have to have all your documents prepared.
2282 is an IT NOC and generally has good chances for nomination.
Thank you so much for answering all my questions, I did plan to keep all docs ready before creating my EE profile and eventually applying for PNP.

I'll keep my eyes like a hawk for any PNP opening for people like me.

Once again I cant thank you enough, helped me a lot.

Reactions: bellaluna