+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New York office sent me Instructions for Visa Issuance

muralikishen

Jan 20, 2010
Hi,
Good Morning.
I got PP request from NY -- to submit our passports and 4 photos. What

is my status now.. Does this mean that I am Approved ??

Please help me with the following:

1,) Photographs with no staple holes, stamps, creases and tears: In this regard, I have one question: Does it mean that the Photos should

not have DATE and Photo lab details stamped on the back -- As a standard practice the photo labs here in Toronto do stamp the date the

photo was taken.

2.) Passports should have atleast one year validity -- My wife passport is valid until Jan 3rd, 2011 -- which is less than a year (11 months to be precise). Will they accept it and stamp it. I am planning to land as soon as i get visa.

3.) To return the passports I would like to use FedEx -- As per the letter the FedEx should be Prepaid from Corporate account -- Can someone please help me with this. I do not have any Corporate account..

Please help.

rk2009

Nov 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Was Buffalo now NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
28-10-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-1-2010
VISA ISSUED...
12-2-2010
LANDED..........
30-04-2010
muralikishen said:
Hi,
Good Morning.
I got PP request from NY -- to submit our passports and 4 photos. What

is my status now.. Does this mean that I am Approved ??

Please help me with the following:

1,) Photographs with no staple holes, stamps, creases and tears: In this regard, I have one question: Does it mean that the Photos should

not have DATE and Photo lab details stamped on the back -- As a standard practice the photo labs here in Toronto do stamp the date the

photo was taken.

2.) Passports should have atleast one year validity -- My wife passport is valid until Jan 3rd, 2011 -- which is less than a year (11 months to be precise). Will they accept it and stamp it. I am planning to land as soon as i get visa.

3.) To return the passports I would like to use FedEx -- As per the letter the FedEx should be Prepaid from Corporate account -- Can someone please help me with this. I do not have any Corporate account..

Please help.
1. This is the final state you just need to send the passport and they will send u the visa back. Can you share your timeline?
2. You have to let the photo lab know that they cannot stamp it, if it specifically says do not have date and photo, it would be best to follow what the CIC says
3. If you are within Canada why not call the call center and ask about Passport validity? 1 888 242‑2100

4. I believe this is the link for setting up a account > https://fedex.com/us/registration/account.html

muralikishen

Jan 20, 2010
In the letter there is no mention of date stamp.
But they do have a line stating "Photographs with no tears,stamps,creases and tears"

So I am not clear by "no stamp" if they are referring to date stamp or something else.

rinks25us

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Congrats .. buddy .. all the best..

Did they send an email or a hard copy...? Also Can you please let me know what's your timeline?

sonil

Jan 20, 2010
how to post my message to general for all

how to post my message for all plz explane ,

and thanks for answer
you are such a nice guy

Thank you very much,

muralikishen

Jan 20, 2010
Hi Sonil,
Click the "Home" link on the top of the page, it will take you to the main page where u will see a list of different categories (like skilled workers, family, general immigration) etc,
Choose a the category appropriate for you and click it, and it will take you to the main page for that topic.
On top of that page, find and click the link "NewTopic" -- there you go you will be prompted with a page to post a new discussion.
best of luck
Any questions send a personal message,

rk2009

Nov 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Was Buffalo now NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
28-10-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-1-2010
VISA ISSUED...
12-2-2010
LANDED..........
30-04-2010
muralikishen said:
In the letter there is no mention of date stamp.
But they do have a line stating "Photographs with no tears,stamps,creases and tears"

So I am not clear by "no stamp" if they are referring to date stamp or something else.
A stamp on the photo can be anything, the guideline is basically saying that you should not have any sort of "markings" on the picture. It should be a clean picture that can be added as part of the Visa.

I think you should be OK if you just get a *new* picture, try letting the photolab know that they should not stamp date on the photo ( like you said )/ Handle and package the photos carefully so that it remains intact.

muralikishen

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks RK. Any suggestion with FedEx.. "Corporate" account ... dont know how it works.. I do not own a business.. then how can I use it

Bee123

Jan 21, 2010
Hi muralikishen,

Please would you share with us when you did and sent your medical. Your response will be appreciated. I am also waiting a request for pp from NY. I did my medical October 2009, and it got to Ottawa in the first week of November. But since then I have not heard from them up to date.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi Murali,

Firstly, CONGRATS !!! Here's your answers:

1,) Photographs with no staple holes, stamps, creases and tears: In this regard, I have one question: Does it mean that the Photos should not have DATE and Photo lab details stamped on the back -- As a standard practice the photo labs here in Toronto do stamp the date the photo was taken.
Whatever is written on the back is of no consequence. But do write your name, file No. & DOB [all family members].
No issues there. Your visa/s will be expiring on her Pp expiry date [all of your visas].
Just call FedEx and they'll explain everything. It's a normal procedure.

All the best.
Qorax.