No interview required
Passport Req..
submitted along with other documents
VISA ISSUED...
September 12, 2013
LANDED..........
November 9, 2013
Hi everyone,

I got my work permit approved yesterday (May 12) for a new employer and my last with my current employer is on May 16 and will move to the new one on the 17th. Will there be any conflict someday knowing that the last day for me on my current employer is on 16 which is based on ROE since I already got my new work permit which means my old one will automatically be cancelled? I appreciate your advise. Thanks

pawanpnp

Feb 13, 2014
hi, no your previous wp will not be automatically cancelled until it is expired( check expiry date). you can work with your previous as well as new employer together until you have valid separate wp for both. i understand this will be very new and confusing for you. but it is true. you can continue to work with more than 1 employer at a same time if you have either open wp or separate wp for each one of them. moreover you can call cic to verify it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pawanpnp said:
hi, no your previous wp will not be automatically cancelled until it is expired( check expiry date). you can work with your previous as well as new employer together until you have valid separate wp for both. i understand this will be very new and confusing for you. but it is true. you can continue to work with more than 1 employer at a same time if you have either open wp or separate wp for each one of them. moreover you can call cic to verify it.
No, the OP should read his new work permit, it will say "only allowed to work for the above employer at the above location" the new work permit "trumps" the old one.