+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New urgent processing rules for PR card renewal + secondary review

mscc

Dec 20, 2016
Hello,

I applied for the urgent processing of my PR card renewal due to work-related obligations in the US (my application had been sent to secondary review 9/16). At the time of the submission of my PR card renewal application (three months before my PR card had expired), I had met my PR requirements (I had spent almost 885 days in the last five years and now I permanently live in Canada with my Canadian husband and Canadian daughter).

I applied for urgent processing under the new rules and I´ll copy below (after my question) the message I got...

My question is: Does the email mean they have accepted my request or is this a standard email acknowledging receipt? In their webpage, they say that they have to tell you within 2 business days whether they accept or not your request for urgent processing, but I am not sure if mine has been accepted or not based on this vague email (calling the Call Center does not help... They don´t seem to know much).

Has anybody sent a request of urgent processing under the new rules (implemented in August 2016)?

Dear Client,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
This message is to inform you that we have received your request asking us to process your Permanent Resident card (PR card) urgently. We have notified the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Once the card is produced, it will either be mailed directly to you or be randomly selected for in-person pick up. This random selection for in-person pick up will allow IRCC to gather information for improving the processing of PR Card applications. If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location of the pick-up and the type of document you will be required to bring with you.

There is no guarantee that the card will be ready before your departure, but we will make all the necessary efforts to speed up the processing of your application.

If the card is not ready before your departure, you will have to apply for a Travel document (permanent resident abroad) at a Canadian visa office located outside Canada before returning to the country. The application is available on our website. You can fill out the application on-line and print it or fill it out by hand. The travel document is only normally valid for one entry.

Please note that a PR card or travel document is required for all permanent residents returning to Canada on a commercial vehicle (plane, train, boat or bus).

You can verify the status of your application using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool.
Sincerely,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Post your question to the Permanent Resident Obligation section of the forum. It will get far more reads and replies there.

Jajaja08

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Hello,

I applied for the urgent processing of my PR card renewal due to work-related obligations in the US (my application had been sent to secondary review 9/16). At the time of the submission of my PR card renewal application (three months before my PR card had expired), I had met my PR requirements (I had spent almost 885 days in the last five years and now I permanently live in Canada with my Canadian husband and Canadian daughter).

I applied for urgent processing under the new rules and I´ll copy below (after my question) the message I got...

My question is: Does the email mean they have accepted my request or is this a standard email acknowledging receipt? In their webpage, they say that they have to tell you within 2 business days whether they accept or not your request for urgent processing, but I am not sure if mine has been accepted or not based on this vague email (calling the Call Center does not help... They don´t seem to know much).

Has anybody sent a request of urgent processing under the new rules (implemented in August 2016)?

Dear Client,
This message is to inform you that we have received your request asking us to process your Permanent Resident card (PR card) urgently. We have notified the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Once the card is produced, it will either be mailed directly to you or be randomly selected for in-person pick up. This random selection for in-person pick up will allow IRCC to gather information for improving the processing of PR Card applications. If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location of the pick-up and the type of document you will be required to bring with you.

There is no guarantee that the card will be ready before your departure, but we will make all the necessary efforts to speed up the processing of your application.

If the card is not ready before your departure, you will have to apply for a Travel document (permanent resident abroad) at a Canadian visa office located outside Canada before returning to the country. The application is available on our website. You can fill out the application on-line and print it or fill it out by hand. The travel document is only normally valid for one entry.

Please note that a PR card or travel document is required for all permanent residents returning to Canada on a commercial vehicle (plane, train, boat or bus).

You can verify the status of your application using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool.
Sincerely,
Hi what happened to your request? I got the same exact response.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hello,

Dear Client,

Sincerely,
Was it urgently processed?