+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

!! New !!update of the official website france-visa : France now visa free for rtd holders ??

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Reactions: Ghess23

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
!! Important update !!

I have just received an email from the State Secretariat for Migration SEM (Switzerland) ... The equivalent of the police at the borders.

They confirmed to me that the information appearing on the European Commission's document is FALSE, that a visa is still required for the holders of the Canadian blue travel document, 1951 convention ... They confirmed to me that they transmitted the correction to the European Commission, which has still not updated the document.

In short, all this to say that you must ALWAYS check before traveling to the consulate or the authorities of the country where you want to travel. + have a permanent resident card.

Otherwise, you play with luck.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
!! Important update !!

I have just received an email from the State Secretariat for Migration SEM (Switzerland) ... The equivalent of the police at the borders.

They confirmed to me that the information appearing on the European Commission's document is FALSE, that a visa is still required for the holders of the Canadian blue travel document, 1951 convention ... They confirmed to me that they transmitted the correction to the European Commission, which has still not updated the document.

In short, all this to say that you must ALWAYS check before traveling to the consulate or the authorities of the country where you want to travel. + have a permanent resident card.

Thank you for the updates!

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
!! Important update !!

Thanks for the update!

Any update in regards to France? I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet.

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
!!!! Important update !!!!

- For France: The France-visa website has totally withdrawn the possibility of selecting "1951 Geneva Convention" in the "nationality" choices + The French Consulate in Montreal confirmed by email that the visa is still necessary for the holders of the Canadian rtd document bleu ... The episode of the site france-visa seems to have been, unfortunately, a bug of the site.I MUST ALWAYS A VISA FOR FRANCE.

You can even check by sending an email to the consulate of france in montreal, it usually respond within 2 days.

Message env form web page, here: (in french)

https://montreal.consulfrance.org/Contact-service-des-visas