+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New TRV application form is confusing

karthiksankar

Jun 22, 2017
Hi,

I applied for visitor visa for my parents using the old form, but for some reason it did not get processed. I am now applying with the new IRCC account.
I noticed some major differences:
  1. It did not ask me anywhere whether I need visitor visa or super visa. Where do I specify that?
  2. It did not ask me to upload a bunch of proofs that the old application asked (e.g., financial proof - I am sponsoring their trip), Relationship proof, My PR details, etc.
  3. There is no upload section for Letter of Invitation.
What should I do in this case? Please help.

Thanks,
Karthik

Reactions: Abba-Lib

Abba-Lib

Star Member
May 12, 2013
some where
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kindly watch this video it will explain all the steps applying for TRV in the new IRCC portal .

hope this helps :)

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi,

I applied for visitor visa for my parents using the old form, but for some reason it did not get processed. I am now applying with the new IRCC account.
I noticed some major differences:
  1. It did not ask me anywhere whether I need visitor visa or super visa. Where do I specify that?
  2. It did not ask me to upload a bunch of proofs that the old application asked (e.g., financial proof - I am sponsoring their trip), Relationship proof, My PR details, etc.
  3. There is no upload section for Letter of Invitation.
What should I do in this case? Please help.

Thanks,
Karthik
I recently filled up my IRCC portal form. I used the GC key the 4 years ago.
1. There is a question there for visa or supervisa on the first few questions.
2. Yes, the financial info, relationship section are not there anymore but most people here just included those financial documents on the "additional info" section.
3. After you finished filling out the IRCC portal application, you will be directed to the page where you can upload those documents including the invitation letter. You can probably include your PR details there with the letter.